By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: Xbone vs. PS4...my anecdotal experience at Target!

Intrinsic said:
chriscox1121 said:
mutantclown said:
Were any other standalone PS4s sold, or any more Xbones? or a you saying for your day of work PS4 outsold the Xbone 9 to 1 at your Target?

1 regular ps4 sold so 10 to 1.  Also, just to clarify, xbox vs. ps4 were only even in software sales.  If you add the copy of Destiny from the Bundles then PS4 did significantly better. 

10 to 1!!! thats a crazy boost. if we break that down to a national average of around 5 to 1 thats is stil ridiculous.

guess the real question here is in previous months or weeks how what was the daily average like at your store? that way we can extrapolate and see just how much the PS4 is being boosted this month.

well, I don't have exact numbers, I would guess it's about 2 maybe 3 to 1 in terms of PS4 to Xbox One's sold.  I'm assuming Xbone sells much higher at GameStop, because we don't move very many at the store. 

Around the Network
chriscox1121 said:

well, I don't have exact numbers, I would guess it's about 2 maybe 3 to 1 in terms of PS4 to Xbox One's sold.  I'm assuming Xbone sells much higher at GameStop, because we don't move very many at the store. 

thats still good enoug. if usually the PS4 outsells the XB1 about 2 to 1 or 3 to 1, then it selling 10 to 1 now is kinda a big deal. even if that tapers off eventually and drops to about 5 to 1. Its still postulating some crazy numbers and a boosting for the PS4

I guess it's possible... Grey and brown shooters are the genre of choice in the US and generally people who like this kind of stuff are on X-Box because of Halo, Gears of War, etc. I was really surprised that Call of Duty sold more on the PS4... it's such a XBox-tastic game...

PS4 has better hardware and console design but I like XBO's exclusives more

ExplodingBlock said:

Ahem... good for you? Not that it's what this topic is about, but... sure.

Around the Network
Psychotic said:
ExplodingBlock said:

The title says

Xbone vs. PS4

ExplodingBlock said:
Psychotic said:
ExplodingBlock said:

The title says

Xbone vs. PS4

The title: Political instability in Randomistan worsens.

You: I like the Republicans.

Me: Ahem... That's not really what this is about... 

You: The title says "political"!

chriscox1121 said:
Blood_Tears said:
chriscox1121 said:

Today at Target, surprisingly, Destiny for Xbox One (360 included) sold about even with PS4 (3 included).  As long as you don't count the bundle that is.  We had 1 person buy a Xbox One Madden bundle for the main purpose of purchasing Destiny.  However, we had 11 Destiny bundles and we sold 9 of the 11 by the time I left at 5.  Just wanted to share my experience with all those interested on the site. 

Oh btw, I scored the destiny promo poster that was sent as well.  It's close to like 5ft tall and looks pretty sweet!  Was even thinking about doing a contest for it on here (since I'm a Ninty gamer), but ended up offering it to my friend back home in Indiana.

So Destiny Xbox one equals Destiny PS4.....if you add the X360 and PS3 versions?   That's some logic..

The only reason I included it was because the sales were so minimal.  We only sold 2 for the 360, and 1 for the ps3.  

Then it's a pretty illogical reason, isn't it?

As I noted in the other thread, the White PS4 Destiny Bundle has just jumped to 46 for the year on amazon. it's just went HAM. Passed BF4 (PS4) at 818,372 in the US for 2014. Its insane.

Psychotic said:
chriscox1121 said:
Blood_Tears said:
chriscox1121 said:

Today at Target, surprisingly, Destiny for Xbox One (360 included) sold about even with PS4 (3 included).  As long as you don't count the bundle that is.  We had 1 person buy a Xbox One Madden bundle for the main purpose of purchasing Destiny.  However, we had 11 Destiny bundles and we sold 9 of the 11 by the time I left at 5.  Just wanted to share my experience with all those interested on the site. 

Oh btw, I scored the destiny promo poster that was sent as well.  It's close to like 5ft tall and looks pretty sweet!  Was even thinking about doing a contest for it on here (since I'm a Ninty gamer), but ended up offering it to my friend back home in Indiana.

So Destiny Xbox one equals Destiny PS4.....if you add the X360 and PS3 versions?   That's some logic..

The only reason I included it was because the sales were so minimal.  We only sold 2 for the 360, and 1 for the ps3.  

Then it's a pretty illogical reason, isn't it?

Why is it illogical? It doesn't take anything away from the grand scheme of things. I added PS3 numbers as well which to repeat again, were minimal.  Take them away and it still stands.  What are you driving at?  Please elaborate for me.  It's not rocket science what I'm trying to say.  Doesn't seem anyone else is having a problem with understanding my post.  I only added the 360 and PS3 to give an overall view of how MS and PS were doing as a whole.