By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Playstation 4 Advantage. Can Gamers Tell The Difference Between 720p and 1080p?

I think its time for some of you to go to specsavers.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Then again, best not say anything. This is a moderation cave-eat.

Lets just say i disagree. :)

I can tell the difference between the two resolutions just fine!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

sully1311 said:
Jega, why do you bother with these threads? You must know they're not going to end nicely?

personally i think he just needed an excuse to put up a picture of the XB1 in a thread.

DaltonAbbey said:
What am i even reading here
your post is written in 720p, needs sharper picture to understand.

Posts like these justified VG charts for me.

Around the Network

On a big TV I can definitely tell the difference. Everything is bit sharper. I think this will be more of an issue as more people go bigger on size and higher on definition with their TVs. My parents still own an old 32" SDTV, but people my age are going to 60" 1080P HDTVs it seems.

If you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p you have terrible eye sight. Period.

I even looked at my 23" screen across a 20 foot room, and I could tell the difference between Borderlands 2 at 720p and 1080p.

My Dad noticed even without I told him when I changed the Cable TV output from 720p to 1080p.

Intrinsic said:
If i respectfully replied to this thread, i would get banned.

So all I really can say is that you are very very very wrong.

Oh, and MS is stupid. Even more stupid than sony was when they released a $600 console in 2006 cause they were the primary benefactors of every stupid move sony did back then. This generation practically belonged to MS, they would have at the very least maintained their market share.

Oh, and if you are realy trying to say their isn't a meaningful or tangible difference in performance between the PS4/XB1 and that even if their were gamers wouldn't notice/care, then you really have to get out from under that rock you are living in.

LOL the only people that think the PS4 is "Marginally" stronger than the Xbox One are people who don't understand PC hardware.  If you go on PC hardware websites like Tomshardware, Anandtech, or WCCFTech you will see that the Xbox One has effectively no supporters.  That is because the people that know what they are talking about understand just how massive this gap is gonna get.  Wait till The Order and UC4 people...

DaltonAbbey said:
What am i even reading here
your post is written in 720p, needs sharper picture to understand.

This would be a meaningless Thread even at 4k.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.