By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Famitsu's Smash Bros 3DS review score worry you about the Wii U versions score?

kupomogli said:
AZWification said:

Yeah... Many of those games, including Nintendogs, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest 9, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Skyrim, Kid Icarus Uprising, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, and Final Fantasy XIII-2, don't even deserve anything remotely close to a perfect score... :S

Fixed.

I agree with all of them minus Kid Icarus Uprising.. I think that was a good game.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Not at all: I've enjoyed games with lackluster reviews before (Killzone, Custom Robo) and I've disliked games with rave reviews in the past (GTA 5, TLoU, Halo 2). The best reviewer that fits my likes and needs the best is ME! To hell with reviews, for the most part.

AZWification said:
kupomogli said:
AZWification said:

Yeah... Many of those games, including Nintendogs, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest 9, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Skyrim, Kid Icarus Uprising, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, and Final Fantasy XIII-2, don't even deserve anything remotely close to a perfect score... :S

Fixed.

I agree with all of them minus Kid Icarus Uprising.. I think that was a good game.

It can be a good game and not deserve a 40/40.

Although, you can make masterpiece arguments for some of them (Vagrant Story, Skyrim, etc.)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
AZWification said:

Although, you can make masterpiece arguments for some of them (Vagrant Story, Skyrim, etc.)

He said " anything remotely close to a perfect score", probably meaning 36/40 and higher.

37/40 is awful. Definitely not buying this mediocrity now :D Anything below 40/40 just isn't worth playing.

Will be interesting to see how the Wii U version stacks up.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
outlawauron said:

He said " anything remotely close to a perfect score", probably meaning 36/40 and higher.

36/40 =/= good game. 

Edit: we're just getting into semantics now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

elazz said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
worried? thats some pretty steep reaching o.o

I guess OP means that these high scores that the 3DS version makes the WiiU less appealing. Smash Bros will be less of a system seller since you could just get the 3DS version anyway and enjoy it equally + on the go. 

Nah i doubt thats what OP meant lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I expect the Wii U version to score higher anyways so I'm not worried at all.

AZWification said:
baloofarsan said:

Famitsu perfect scores during 16 years (two western games).  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famitsu#Perfect_scores  

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
  2. Soulcalibur (1999)
  3. Vagrant Story (2000)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003)
  5. Nintendogs (2005)
  6. Final Fantasy XII (2006)
  7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)
  8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008)
  9. 428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de (2008)
  10. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (2009)
  11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009)
  12. Bayonetta (2009)
  13. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009)
  14. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010)
  15. Pokémon Black and White (2010)
  16. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
  17. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)
  18. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2011)
  19. Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012)
  20. Yakuza 5 (2012)
  21. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (2013)
  22. Grand Theft Auto V (2013)

Yeah... Many of those games, including Nintendogs and Final Fantasy XIII-2, don't even deserve a perfect score... :S

Why because Nintendogs is a game you wouldn't play? Nintendogs sold roughly 24 million and helped the original DS get in the hands of many. For it's genre. One with little to compare to. You cannot judge if it deserved a perfect score or not solely based off the fact it's not "popular" among hardcore gamers.

errorpwns said:
AZWification said:

Yeah... Many of those games, including Nintendogs and Final Fantasy XIII-2, don't even deserve a perfect score... :S

Why because Nintendogs is a game you wouldn't play? Nintendogs sold roughly 24 million and helped the original DS get in the hands of many. For it's genre. One with little to compare to. You cannot judge if it deserved a perfect score or not solely based off the fact it's not "popular" among hardcore gamers.

Wii Sports also sold a lot and it's one of the main reasons the Wii became so popular in the first place, but it didn't recieve a perfect score from Famitsu!