By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast turns 15!

ahead of its time.
i kept mine, its been packed away in storage.

Happy birthday Dreamcast!

Around the Network

a system that was way ahead of it's time. sega was known for that.

STRYKIE said:
Rafie said:
My Dreamcast is STILL in mint condition. I loved it so much that I bought 2 of them. One was stolen (when I was in the Air Force) and the other I never opened until last year. :) All of my games are in mint as well. The Dreamcast was so underrated, in my opinion. Had stellar games, yet it still sold poorly. I hated the PS2 for a long time because of it. Hahaha Then I ended up getting one.

Well anyway, still love my Dreamcast and hope one day Sega makes another console. HBD Dreamcast!!!

I hate to be the party pooper here but sales were fairly sub-par (in terms of the revenue Sega needed) up against the N64 and PS1 loooooong before the PS2 was released. It was pretty much the biggest botch in the Japanese market besides Xbox systems.

Sales were sub par because of the hype Monster for the PS2, Emotion Engine, Toy Story quality graphics, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Gran Turismo though.

There is no doubt that the sheer hype for the PS2 definitely put off prospective Dreamcast adopters. Dat MGS2 trailer stole E3 2000 despite the epic showing Sega had.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

STRYKIE said:

I'm pretty sure shipping from here in the UK to the Benelux region would still be substantially less than 150 euros. The DC is a relatively small/lighweight system, as long as you have the system unit, controller, AV cable (I would recommend the S-Video or VGA cable but it's not necessary) and VMU memory card, you're actually pretty much set. Playing burned games on it is like getting past the Berlin wall in 1991.

Rather than S-Video, RGB SCART is the way forwards in Europe. It's the next best thing to VGA as far as hookups for the console.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I am to lazy to look for the exact date (FU timzones) but lets just assume Dreamcasts birthday is today(at least at 1 place on earth)

Happy Birthday and thank you for introducing analog triggers to the gaming world!

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:
Rafie said:
My Dreamcast is STILL in mint condition. I loved it so much that I bought 2 of them. One was stolen (when I was in the Air Force) and the other I never opened until last year. :) All of my games are in mint as well. The Dreamcast was so underrated, in my opinion. Had stellar games, yet it still sold poorly. I hated the PS2 for a long time because of it. Hahaha Then I ended up getting one.

Well anyway, still love my Dreamcast and hope one day Sega makes another console. HBD Dreamcast!!!

I hate to be the party pooper here but sales were fairly sub-par (in terms of the revenue Sega needed) up against the N64 and PS1 loooooong before the PS2 was released. It was pretty much the biggest botch in the Japanese market besides Xbox systems.

Nah sales were fine in Japan until PS2 was announced and we more than fine in NA. Considering that for a year after launch PS2 was nothing more than a glorified DVD player, I can see why some people may hate the PS2...

I'd hate game pirates more personally as they killed the game sales for the system. 

New Dreamcast game inbound!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1945059142/elysian-shadows-next-gen-2d-rpg

Also, I have made some amazing adjustments to my custom Dreamcast console, seen here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187543&page=1#

Will post those soon.

Yeah the game pirating on that system was crazy. I was playing all types of games on my Dreamcast.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

GdaTyler said:

15 years on the 9th month of the year?
15 - 9 =6, 9-6=3

Shenmue III TGS reveal confirmed.

Naaah... this theory is completely wrong and I have more valid evidence to prove my point.

For you see, Shenmue I was released on the the 29th Dec. 1999 in Japan, which means it will turn 15 this year.

Errrm... so. 15, 1 + 5 = 6 : 2 = 3 So Shenmue III to be revealed on the 29th Dec. 2014!

(If you wonder where I got the 2 from... that's because uhhhh... the last game in the series was Shenmue II! Certainly!)

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Zisbest said:

Naaah... this theory is completely wrong and I have more valid evidence to prove my point.

For you see, Shenmue I was released on the the 29th Dec. 1999 in Japan, which means it will turn 15 this year.

Errrm... so. 15, 1 + 5 = 6 : 2 = 3 So Shenmue III to be revealed on the 29th Dec. 2014!

(If you wonder where I got the 2 from... that's because uhhhh... the last game in the series was Shenmue II! Certainly!)

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5