By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - High School Girl Taunted, Beaten At Bus Stop For Acting ‘Too Much Like A White Person’

I think we are missing the point of this story. Bullies are everywhere and will justify their behavior in whatever ways they can. The questions I see in this thread seem to perpuate the myth of racial behavior. The fact is what are you doing to instill a sense of individualism, acceptanc in the next generation.

As a man who was victim to this type of bullying and who stood up to it, the one thing that always interested me was how people would easily relegate so much their identity to such narrow and silly criteria. Thats from both sides of the coin.

Around the Network

Where is al sharpton now lol.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

TheGoldenBoy said:
Acting white? What does that even mean?

You know? speaking proper and using your brain and not shaking your ass.

gooch_destroyer said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

You should deliver this message to some white folks in the Mid-West and South.

Goatseye said:
gooch_destroyer said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

You should deliver this message to some white folks in the Mid-West and South.

I should. But you know how these things turn out.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:

.. probably showing up on time.

You know black people always have to be late for some shit. You could've just been hit by a car and  called a close friend to come help. White people will come immediately! Even if you ended up dialing the wrong number and a random person picked up the phone, as long as they are white, they will come to the rescue. 

Black people will claim that they're 10 minutes away waiting at a stop light when they're really at home in a hot tub with bubbles , getting a foot massage while having a woman above and behind them feeding them grapes still fresh from the vine all while relaxing to the fullest capable degree

gooch_destroyer said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

You're a LIE!!!

IDC what race you are! If you are a female with a nice round ass, God has FULLY granted you permission to shake that ass!

I would even go so far as to say that it is a requirement of life. If women stopped shaking their asses, the earth would break out in chaos, natural disasters would be at an all time high, the earth's gravitational pull would become unstable and the planets would be prone and more vulnerable to getting hit by massive asteroids and comets

Don't ever tell a lie like this again, gooch

It is poisonous to have a conversation about race relations, especially on the internet.
Everybody could contribute immensely to the society if we weren't so... animals. The irrational type.

binary solo said:
I'm not seeing where the objective evidence is that the reason for the beating was that she acted too much like a white person.

I see this: 'The assailant allegedly was angry at the victim because she was behaving “too much like a white person.”' ALLEGEDLY note. And the quotation marks are not a direct quite from the attacker, not presented as direct witness of victim testimony as to what the attacker said.

I see descriptions of the attack that do not link directly to any motive, let alone being because the victim was like a white person. There was only a general statement that conflict has been present for a long time.

I see a statement saying the victim describes herself as a light skinned black person. And the statement that the attacker was darker skinned. Which seems like an attempt to make it a race-like thing.

I see no facts in this article which supports this sensationalist headline. Perhaps someone can supply some facts which actually validate the claim in the headline and then we might be able to talk about how race might be a factor in this crime. Without facts to back up the headline this whole thing is spurious and mischevious.

Perhaps the light skinned girl taunted the attacker about the darkness of her skin, as part of this year-long conflict. Perhaps she behaved as if she was superior to all the dark skinned people at the school because she was lighter skinned, and hence would be more successful in life. Perhaps the victim is completely innocent and the attacker hates anything that comes across as white and she lashes out.

I don't have enough information to be able to come to any firm conclusions, so I'm not going to pass judgement on who was or wasn't racist in this event, or even whether any sort of racism was involved at all.

Smart. You are smart.

enditall727 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

You're a LIE!!!

IDC what race you are! If you are a female with a nice round ass, God has FULLY granted you permission to shake that ass!

I would even go so far as to say that it is a requirement of life. If women stopped shaking their asses, the earth would break out in chaos, natural disasters would be at an all time high, the earth's gravitational pull would become unstable and the planets would be prone and more vulnerable to getting hit by massive asteroids and comets

Don't ever tell a lie like this again, gooch

Agreed! But you knew what I meant.