By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A biased review: Fire Emblem

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
bonkeng said:
One of my favorite series of all time. Im currently playing FE awakening now.

Haven't played this one yet. Will play this soon.

Picking a favorite Fire Emblem is like picking a favorite child.

That's never been a problem for me, however! ::Sinister Grin::

This is my order. 1. Radiant Dawn 2. Awakening 3. Fire Emblem GBA (Blazing Sword) 4. Path of Radiance 5. Scared Stones 6. Shadow Dragon.

Yeah! Radiant Dawn fans unite!

The original GBA FE was better than Awakening, though. But, Awakening is more fun to play, at least. I'd place Awakening just above The Sacred Stones because the former seems to be based off the latter.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:

Yeah! Radiant Dawn fans unite!

The original GBA FE was better than Awakening, though. But, Awakening is more fun to play, at least. I'd place Awakening just above The Sacred Stones because the former seems to be based off the latter.

Awakening is truly an awesome entry in the franchise, but I'd still value Blazing Swords above every other FE.

I loved Radiant Dawn for the Wii. It's one of the games that will GREATLY benefit from the graphical boost the Wii U offers due to it mostly being a game you watch after choosing the actions (like all SRPG's). Plus it has buff Ike. If you want to make yourself buy a game, watch the cutscenes for Radiant Dawn on youtube.

Quick question, which should I buy first? Fire Emblem: Awakening or Pokémon Y?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Fire Emblem: Blazing Swords xD

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Depends on what you're in the mood for. If you're looking for a honest to God challenge and testing your strategy then go Fire Emblem. If you're more into collecting and turn based action go pokemon.

Just a warning, Fire Emblem is HARD! As was said in the OP, when someone dies it's for keeps. If the enemy takes out 2 or 3 guys you took to every mission, you will be substituting with weaker characters which makes the game even harder. Starting missions over again will happen quite often if you're trying to beat the game with everyone alive. In the game being this difficult though, actually beating the game is one of the most rewarding experiences you'll have in gaming.

You have been warned!

bigtakilla said:

Depends on what you're in the mood for. If you're looking for a honest to God challenge and testing your strategy then go Fire Emblem. If you're more into collecting and turn based action go pokemon.

Just a warning, Fire Emblem is HARD! As was said in the OP, when someone dies it's for keeps. If the enemy takes out 2 or 3 guys you took to every mission, you will be substituting with weaker characters which makes the game even harder. Starting missions over again will happen quite often if you're trying to beat the game with everyone alive. In the game being this difficult though, actually beating the game is one of the most rewarding experiences you'll have in gaming.

You have been warned!

Who doesn't restart the mission everytime one single member dies?

Man, I wanna see a review of the latest game, Awakening!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Wright said:
bigtakilla said:

You have been warned!

Who doesn't restart the mission everytime one single member dies?

The first time I played, I had to play twice because I thought the character would be back in my party after the battle and it saves after chapter battles. I was pissed. Lol.

RolStoppable said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening has a separate beginner setting from the regular difficulty selection. Players can choose whether or not they want to play with permanent deaths on their difficulty of choice.

Ttue, but no one plays on that mode. Might as well not play Fire Emblem.