By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Hmm kind of a town read on splurge there. Trying to figure out what im thinking is something he's known to do when he's town

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
radishhead said:
Wonk is a pretty experienced player- I'm sure he wouldn't think twice about going after Astro early if it made him look more like town on future days.

So you are saying. That he went after his own teamate in the hopes that he would look like town later on in the game. Then Astro, just sat back and accepted it? He saw his own teamate attacking him and said, "You know what? I cannot believe he is doing this, I give up". Is that what you are saying? Astro post like 6 times.

Or what are you implying exactly?

I'm not saying that's what happened for sure - there's no way for us to know yet - but I don't think it would be sensible to just assume Wonk's innocence because he pushed for a correct lynch on Day 1. Day 1 lynches on Mafia are so hard to achieve that it always makes me suspicious when they seem to work out.

For the record, I'm pretty convinced that Spurge is town - I imagine most other players must feel the same way.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

What I think he's saying, and it makes sense to me, is that he initially went after his teammate to disassociate him from himself. It would also look later like wonk was on the right track.

Theres a reason the meta exists of "scum fos townies and vote other mafia on day 1"
Not saying its the case here. Its just that the possibility exists.

Anyway youre right that I do feel like I have something to prove this game.
but Whatcom curious about is why you assumed I was town trying to prove myself...

theprof00 said:
What else are your top scumreads radish? How about sparks?

I think Impertinence could well turn out to be Mafia. He's not used to being in a game with me, and was really trying to capitalise on any "slip" that I made during Day 1, whereas a lot of other players recognised the "slips" for being mere unusual play. 

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

I'm still not really sure about Sparks

Watch me on YouTube!

Lol splurge I didnt misread anything. Youre just saying that I missed something you implied. The way you response though, with such hardheadedness where you are clearly wrong here, gives me a strong town splurge vibe.

spurgeonryan said:
radishhead said:
I'm still not really sure about Sparks

Anything in particular, or just what has already been brought up?

@also

At your impertinence talk.

You are playing different than usual. So slips could be actual slips, or they could just be random thing that a teamate of yours could be catching you on.

Anymore vague posts for us today? Or are you pretty much done? By all means, continue, I was just wondering.

Regarding Sparks I don't think I'd be able to add anything substantial that hasn't already been mentioned, but I'm happy to continue talking about the other players. I don't think I've been playing any different to usual, although it has been aroudn a year since I last played. I agree that most of my contributions have been somewhat vague so far, but that's mainly because I'm struggling to make connections between players when there is so little in the way of investigative roles and claims going on. Normally in these games there's a whole bunch of information to take into consideration and then I can decide on which is most likely to be true and therefore who is lying Mafia scum - so far this hasn't happened, however. I'm pretty sure that at least one of the anti-town is hiding amongst the particularly inactive players, since that always seems to be the case; the players who have repeatedly been at the bottom of the post-count tables. 

Watch me on YouTube!

spurgeonryan said:
theprof00 said:
Lol splurge I didnt misread anything. Youre just saying that I missed something you implied. The way you response though, with such hardheadedness where you are clearly wrong here, gives me a strong town splurge vibe.

Hey! Thanks for you and Radish mentioning that like 4 times in the past 15 minutes! I really appreciate it!

You both give me a scum vibe.

Laugh it off or brush it off like usual. But the vibe is still there. Throw impertinence in the mix as well.

@ Game

How do you all think the nuker works? They use their power on the last night and that is it? How does this sort of thing work in the actual game?

You realise I posted that message at the same time as Prof, right? I didn't see his one until after I'd posted. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've ever suggested you could be town this game. Anyone who thinks I'm giving off a scum vibe this game is definitely not thinking straight.

Watch me on YouTube!

@The nuke thing

In the game you have to create a nuke at the silo, and when that's done the Ghost has to simply press the hotkey and choose a location - at which point a nuke falls from the sky and blows everything up. HOWEVER, if the Ghost dies then the strike is called off. I imagine it will work the same way in this game.

Watch me on YouTube!