By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Conegamer said:

Just to add one final little bit to add to the suspicion; Nickles said that Sparks was "Likely Scum" also before he died [http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6670787]. And now he's dead as well. 

Very concerning indeed. 

You think I killed both of them or something????

I think scum wanted to make me look worse, and provide an easy scapegoat toDay. But it's sort of funny that it seems to have backfired.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
So if WoW won't be providing details on the powers (is that the correct terminology?) for the people who are deceased, then what do the Starcraft-familiar users think they could be? Does it really matter?

You either just outed yourself as scum or power role...

Carl2291 said:
Great find regarding Sparks' non-terran slip, Truck. Not sure how I missed that.
Id say that also gives me really, really strong Terran vibes from impertinence.
FoS Sparks
When I get to a computer, Ill re-read through again and try spot people fucking up.
Still not easy on prof and Wright.

First, let me link this.

Second, the PM says non-Terran = scum. It does not mention the names of the other faction(s). Put yourself in my shoes for a sec. At the time, it looked as though imp had knowledge and I thought he was noob enough to slip like that. He later cleared it up by poiting to your quotes, which like I said I skipped back then. I didn't know who you were quoting, let alone it was more than one faction. That's why what imp said looked so out of place at the time.

padib, have you ever played Starcraft?

padib said:
Carl2291 said:
padib, have you ever played Starcraft?

I was the one to recommend the flavor remember?

In return, I'll ask you. Have you played Fire Emblem?

One lesson I'll offer for WoW games. Flavor analysis will get town killed. If you were following last game, remember the problem we had with flying/non-flying units? That's what got Cone killed.

So far my flav analysis has been pretty much spot on and I fail to see how an assumption of factions/ number of team members will get anyone killed.

Around the Network

At your last paragraph.

No.

We went through this yesterday and I almost got kicked out of the game. The Terran PM directly says that Scum are Non-Terran.

@ padib
I reread many of the interactions with Carl and Nick. It pretty much kept coming back to that post. Nick was even accusing Carl of rewriting history. So I looked back at that post and called it for what it was and what it wasn't. So it was relevant. And posts after and votes after can't change what it was at that time. Did that post scream sum? No but it did mean that Carl had more to go on than Nick was giving him credit for.

As for the point on what was originally you calling multifaction a slip. That was covered by things I mentioned.

As for your slip right now. That should have been clear in your pm had you been town

vote padib

Sparks said:
Wonktonodi said:

I'm a bit disapointed with some of your analysis. Multifaction is hardly a slip the flavor and special rules made it pretty clear very early that there were going to be more than one faction, Hit points, the nuke, terran being town.

I just wanted to mention somehting that I forgot to, yesterDay.

At the time of the pre-Day posts, and thus my slip comment involving imp and Carl, some of the flavor text by WoW was yet to be written. I distinctly remember him editing the posts underneath the OP. ie, the part about the bomber, and I think the part about the special rules. I just wanted to be on the same page.

Does anyone remember it better than me?

I don't recall if all the special rules were there with terran= town but that was clear from townie win conditions.

The bomb post wasn't edited that was there when WOW started the day

Padib. Not all townie actions are perfect. Someone flipping town doesn't make all accusers of said person scum. Did I misread it? I still don't know what Carl is and if he turns up town I read it right and Nick still made bad points.
And changing a vote after doesn't change what it was. For instance a step could have voted 20 times after his bandwagon vote on Nick. But his vote at that point would have still been bandwagoning

You may want to re-read the day if you think I tried to get Nick lynched

What conditions cause you to win?

Maybe you're trying to say that it's not saying all teran are town? well if that were the case that would allow me to win with that sum left. Since I only need the nonterrans gone

No padib, we werent convinced there were two factions last game.
it was you hylian and nickles who believed that. And you were the one who suggested it and two scum players used it to spread disorder and fud. In fact, it was because outlaw was so convinced by your theory that he continued to draw my attention on the last day. His questioning my alignment and probing my role was what eventually helped him become the final mislynch.