By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

bugrimmar said:
I really have never played this game before. I don't know why you guys are so unwelcoming and disinterested in teaching new people. Sorry, I didn't know there was this clique thing that I can't penetrate as a newbie.

What exactly has been done that has come off as unwelcoming or disinterested? Have you had any questions ignored? Last game was my very first game, and I played with many people in this game, and they were anything but unwelcoming and disinterested in teaching. However there is a fine line between teaching and coaching. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'm sure others will answer.  Also WoW and Smeags will help with any questions as well if you mssg them. Best thing you can do no matter what team you are on is pay attention and be active. I suggest reading the mafia wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page also read over the last game WoW hosted http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187834&page=1 It's important to note that WoW is quite a unique and creative GM and working with Smeags that is also quite clever it's a good bet that this game is not like any other.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
I really have never played this game before. I don't know why you guys are so unwelcoming and disinterested in teaching new people. Sorry, I didn't know there was this clique thing that I can't penetrate as a newbie.

I believe 8 of the people playing this round are playing there first or second game on here.

I am happy to help, that's why I posted some icebreaker questions. as well as recomended some resources.

This game is a bit of a trial by fire though. Everyone on here had a first game at some point.

Some things you will be doing during the game

Reading reading and reading. read the posts, people make, read your role read any abilities and your win conditions read the flavor read the player list and vote counts.

Posting. you will need to do more than be a passive observer you will be expected to participate. If you're town your goal is to find scum. Scum are players who aren't town, ususally mafia but sometimes other roles like a serial killer, with there own win conditions. Then when you think you found someone you think is scum your goal would be to get them lynched.

Now the game has two main phases. Day where everyone posts in here until the time limit is reached or the majority of the votes are on someone and night where there is no posting in here a usuallt a mafia team make their evil plans. It's also when people who have roles with actions at night send WOW our moderator a PM with what they want to do at night. Sometimes there is twighlight, that's after someone has been lynched but before the mod has come and officially ended the day. It is ok to post in here then but be aware that it won't usually last long.

Some things while mentioned in the opening I'll remind you of,

Never edit a post. It's best to say what you want the first time, however if you make a mistake. Make a new post. and often people put EBWOP Edit by way of post.

Bold your Votes. If you forget make a new post.

Remember to end your bold. we don't want everything in here in bold. When someone forgets thats, the one exception to not editing your post.

Don't post your role PM with the moderator.

Wonktonodi said:
bugrimmar said:

I believe 8 of the people playing this round are playing there first or second game on here.

I am happy to help, that's why I posted some icebreaker questions. as well as recomended some resources.

This game is a bit of a trial by fire though. Everyone on here had a first game at some point.

Some things you will be doing during the game

Reading reading and reading. read the posts, people make, read your role read any abilities and your win conditions read the flavor read the player list and vote counts.

Posting. you will need to do more than be a passive observer you will be expected to participate. If you're town your goal is to find scum. Scum are players who aren't town, ususally mafia but sometimes other roles like a serial killer, with there own win conditions. Then when you think you found someone you think is scum your goal would be to get them lynched.

Now the game has two main phases. Day where everyone posts in here until the time limit is reached or the majority of the votes are on someone and night where there is no posting in here a usuallt a mafia team make their evil plans. It's also when people who have roles with actions at night send WOW our moderator a PM with what they want to do at night. Sometimes there is twighlight, that's after someone has been lynched but before the mod has come and officially ended the day. It is ok to post in here then but be aware that it won't usually last long.

Some things while mentioned in the opening I'll remind you of,

Never edit a post. It's best to say what you want the first time, however if you make a mistake. Make a new post. and often people put EBWOP Edit by way of post.

Bold your Votes. If you forget make a new post.

Remember to end your bold. we don't want everything in here in bold. When someone forgets thats, the one exception to not editing your post.

Don't post your role PM with the moderator.

@underline this by far is the most important thing you can do no matter what team you are on but more so if you are town. A town that isn't active and doesn't pay attention is a town that doesn't care and will lose. A Mafia that doesn't care and doesn't pay attention can often skate a few days without being noticed. Which is one of the reasons why many find inactvity as a sign someone is mafia and often one of the most inactive people is mafia.

Also important to read the flavor posts from WoW or Smeags if he does any. I can't gurantee he will do it again but last game WoW gave a lot of hints in every single flavor post of who the killer was. Hell the first kill last game WoW more or less gave it away that I did it. Again tho I can't gurantee that will happen again but it would be wise to pay attention to it just in case.

@italics It's important that you never quote directly anything WoW or smeags sends you including your character information. Later in game it may benefit town for you to reveal your role and it's ok to paraphrase anything about your character or role but you can never quote directly.

Oh by the way town. If you have a role you should go look it up on mafiascumwiki and check out the meta and how to play as that role. Dont be too obvious, but look up your role and mafiatheory for how to use it properly.
thanks in advance.

Lol Eric.

Vote Eric Fabian.

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:

This better be good. I wake up to find were going to die in a few days. We better get to it then. I'm going to take the advice of WoW and use our most powerful ability. That being the vote. I know it was before day one officially started and he was probably joking but based on recent experiance I've come to trust Theprofs initial instincts. So lets do this by the numbers and get the ball rolling.

Vote: Carl2291 

You know have a great chance to show how much you trust profs instincts...

impertinence said:
Nicklesbe said:

This better be good. I wake up to find were going to die in a few days. We better get to it then. I'm going to take the advice of WoW and use our most powerful ability. That being the vote. I know it was before day one officially started and he was probably joking but based on recent experiance I've come to trust Theprofs initial instincts. So lets do this by the numbers and get the ball rolling.

How so by voting for you instead? As I said I trust his initial instincts and they worked this game well enough in desciding who the first person would be that I'd push for information with a vote. Based on experiance I don't know if I'd trust his third vote, worth keeping an eye on tho. Especially since I can't exactly trust yet whether or not he town. I'm also wating/hoping he will explain his reasoning for voting you. Will likely push for that. I have seen somethings I think mafia would use against you, but I don't know if it's indicitive of you being mafia or not. What I do know is what I've seen far and that is a blatant lie from someone and a vote for no logical purpose. So that's where my vote is going.

impertinence said:
Nicklesbe said:

Also the fact that he dogpiled on me for simply putting pressure on him and trying to get the truth from him makes me trust my vote even more. 

When I get to a computer I will post a bit more, but after another re-read on my phone of a few people/ situations I dont really think we have enough to really say much.

A few contradictions, a few posts and suspicions that dont make much sense, a couple of people joining early trains for minimal reason.

Day 1 is always so dull.

Nicklesbe said:

Also the fact that he dogpiled on me for simply putting pressure on him and trying to get the truth from him makes me trust my vote even more. 

If this is about your initial vote on me... Bullshit. I didnt "dogpile" on you, I questioned your reasoning and bandwagon tactic. I also answered all of your questions put forward.