By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Which conversation was this Wright?

Also I was convinced it was Wright until his fakeclaim. As I mentioned above, after this there were others who needed to be investigated because he seemed solid.

In addition Eric was Protoss, which makes me feel a little better. It's a shame because we were so close to victory and would have won, were it not for this nuke.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

It never existed.

Wright said:
Conegamer said:

It never existed.

But the one which you fabricated. How did you reference it?

Conegamer said:

I don't remember, honestly.

Wright said:
Conegamer said:

I don't remember, honestly.

Well that's handy. I can't remember it either but with all the moving and stuff (which was real wonk and carl!) it might have been lost. 

And only Wright would be able to be modkilled in his first two games

In seriousness you played brilliantly. And you didn't slip up in my haste to get you to defend yourself right at the end either. So, well done. You'll not hear the end of this for weeks ofcourse (or until the next game starts anyway) but well done

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
So WoW, do you have any analysis?

Playwise

- The Protoss team, once uncovered, were anti-Ghost masons in a way.  AstroGamer, Sparks, and spurgeonryan should have come clean at L-2 or L-1 when it was clear they were going to be killed.  Killing the Ghost to live to see Day 5 was a necessity for their win condition too.  Letting the town lynch them was doubly bad for their win condition because it removed members but also removed lynches to catch the Ghost.

- People in this game cracked with 2 or 3 votes on them.  I feel like it would be really easy to emotionally batter other players by just wagoning.  If you had 4 players with that in mind you could probably get a full mass claim on Day 1.  Would be doubly fun as scum because so many people seem to vote themselves ( which you should never, ever do ) when the going gets rough

- Wright received a warning from me because he was claiming I told him things via PM.  Don't do that.  I don't like talk of pretend communication that never happened.  Communication with me is outside the game and shouldn't normally be mentioned.

Setupwise

- I liked this setup.  Giving the Serial Killer a Day 5 win condition feels good to me.  It's normally the hardest role to win with because reaching the two player point in a game is terribly difficult.  That deadline gives the role a fair shake as long as it's balanced by the other factions knowing it's out there.

- HP/Atk/Def was fun.  Protoss and Ghost did 50 damage straight up and were unretaliatable so most protection roles were only useful against Zerg attacks.  Kerrigan could send 100 Zerglings at a Shield Marine and never kill it.  Likewise, as we saw, Kerrigan could send an Ultralisk after Nova and never kill her due to Cloaking Device blocking the attack.

- I was hoping for some fun things like Jim Raynor slapping a Protoss that was on its way to kill someone and then getting killed by retaliatory fire.  That would have been amazing.  

You could do something pretty good, stats-wise and unit-wise, with Warcraft

Words Of Wisdom said:

Playwise

- Wright received a warning from me because he was claiming I told him things via PM.  Don't do that.

Gosh prof....I should not have believed you that Wright can be trustes.

Happy, prof?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.