By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's revenue will decrease if it goes third party.

XanderXT said:
Teeqoz said:
XanderXT said:
I don't understand the Nintendo 3rd party thing. I mean, both Nintendo and Microsoft have already made games for PC. Why can't Sony?

Sony has aswell. Planetside 2 for example is developed by Sony, and is a pc game.

I meant a Sony Computer Entertaiment game, not Sony Online Entertainment game. I want inFamous or Jak and Daxter on my PC without emulators. 

What PC games has Nintendo made?

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

TPC has made the trading card game for Pokemon. Nintendo, itself, has made none of which I am aware but they effectively are TPC.

_crazy_man_ said:

Most likely.

They'd get a smaller cut of software sales and all hardware sales going poof.

They'd need a drastic increase in software sales to offset that loss.

They would probably see a drastic increase in software if they went multiplatform. They would have 10 million PS4 customers, 5 million Xb one customers, hundreds of millions of smartphone customers and a hundred million or so PC customers. They could even usher in an era of higher priced smartphone games bringing smartphone games out of the <$5 mire.

What was hardware revenue for Nintendo?

But I see no point in Nintendo going softwqare only in handheld. They still seel good numbers in the handheld market, and being exclusive in handhelds but multiplatform in home console/PC means they can potentially leverage multiplatform content to attract more handheld hardware sales.

Nintendo made ~$1 billion in Wii U hardware revenue in 2013. They could probably make that up with expanded software sales. But I doubt they could make up the loss in revenue (>$2 billion) from 3DS.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DerNebel said:
XanderXT said:
Teeqoz said:
XanderXT said:
I don't understand the Nintendo 3rd party thing. I mean, both Nintendo and Microsoft have already made games for PC. Why can't Sony?

Sony has aswell. Planetside 2 for example is developed by Sony, and is a pc game.

I meant a Sony Computer Entertaiment game, not Sony Online Entertainment game. I want inFamous or Jak and Daxter on my PC without emulators. 

Mario teaches typing

Nettles said:
DerNebel said:
XanderXT said:
Teeqoz said:
XanderXT said:

Mario teaches typing

There's also Mario's Missing and Mario's Time Machine.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
Vena said:
MoHasanie said:
Well that's obvious. The real question is how profits will be affected and I think those will increase.

60% of their business is selling consoles.

They'd likely need to see a several hundreds of percents increase in software sales over their Wii software sales to see profit. At all.

Source on the 60% number please and is that 60% of sales or profits. 

And even if true, what is the original r&d cost to develop each console. You can't just look at COGS to determine the total cost of making hardware.