By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

IT'S POSSIBE, BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT IF YOU ARE A WII OWNER. jUST BUY A 360 CORE, IT'S LIKE 279 OR SOMETHING.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Smidlee said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Smidlee said:
Even if it possible to have DMC4 run on the Wii the question would be why would you want to? The same with CoD4... the graphics and well as DD5.1 surround sound really improve the experience of the game. It would be the same as playing wii sport on PS3/360 without the wii-mote where the control is the big part of the experience.

First you have to prove that level of detail=gameplay. Then you have to prove that the art direction cannot be reasonably duplicated with reduced detail.

I'm not a game developer but even Firaxis which is developing Civ:revolution mentions the fact one reason why Wii version was put on hold is the art work had to be completely redone and they didn't have the man power to do a completely different version. Rev doesn't have any where near as nice of graphics as DMC4.

That is a delay. I'm simply arguing the game could be done.

And yes graphic can and does improve the whole experience of a game which is why PS /N64 isn't the current consoles sold in stores. Gameplay means nothing to a blind man.

Bullshit. I did not argue that we shouldn't advance graphics. And graphics mean even less to a bling man, so that comment is further bullshit.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

psrock said:
IT'S POSSIBE, BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT IF YOU ARE A WII OWNER. jUST BUY A 360 CORE, IT'S LIKE 279 OR SOMETHING.

Did Knight of the Old Republic and Ninja Gaiden convince PS2 owners to buy an Xbox? It didn't, so this comment is not a valid reason not to port the game.

EDIT: Of course those games weren't ported anyway, but that was the choice of the developers. I was just addressing your comment. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Graphics and sound is my reward I get for working the controller. Even a simple  2-d shooter game like Super Stardust HD is very rewarding to play.

DMC IS VISUALLY STUNNING, WHILE NITENDO FOCUSES MORE ON GAMEPLAY. THE WII IS A GREAT CONSOLE , BUT GRAPHIC IS NOT ITS THING. WHAT ABOUT PATAPON....

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Smidlee said:
Graphics and sound is my reward I get for working the controller. Even a simple 2-d shooter game like Super Stardust HD is very rewarding to play.

When did I argue graphics didn't matter? 

psrock said:
DMC IS VISUALLY STUNNING, WHILE NITENDO FOCUSES MORE ON GAMEPLAY. THE WII IS A GREAT CONSOLE , BUT GRAPHIC IS NOT ITS THING. WHAT ABOUT PATAPON....

No. Hd graphics are not its thing. The system has as much memory at the Xbox and Gamecube combined, so Nintendo clearly wanted it more powerful, just not to the point it would make the system cost twice as much as previous gens, which had all cost less than $200 to manufacture for Nintendo. 

I AGREE, NITENDO WANTED A MODERATELY POWERFUL CONSOLE, WHILE KEEPIN ITS PRICE DOWN. HOWEVER, AS TECHNOLOGY CONTINUES TO MOVE FOWARD, IT WILL LOOK OUTDATED VERY SOON, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Next Gen 

psrock said:
I AGREE, NITENDO WANTED A MODERATELY POWERFUL CONSOLE, WHILE KEEPIN ITS PRICE DOWN. HOWEVER, AS TECHNOLOGY CONTINUES TO MOVE FOWARD, IT WILL LOOK OUTDATED VERY SOON, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Outdated doesn't work that way. If the director of Ninja Gaiden, who praised the PS3 and 360 for their power, thinks the DS can make great looking games (in terms of art direction, not level of detail), then the Wii cannot be outdated so fast compared to a system a tenth as powerful.

I'm sure they could do it with minor graphic downgrades. However, you would look like an idiot playing it and swinging your hands back and forth so...no thanks.