By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

I EXPECT A WII 2 SOONER THAN YOU THINK

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
I EXPECT A WII 2 SOOMER THAN YOU THINK

First of all, turn off caps lock.

Second, you can expect it, but you're expecting it for a BS reason. Perhaps you didn't notice how the "outdated" DS and Wii are giving Nintendo record profits.

The successors will come when they stop "printing money", not because Nintendo wants better graphics.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

disolitude said:
I'm sure they could do it with minor graphic downgrades. However, you would look like an idiot playing it and swinging your hands back and forth so...no thanks.

This is another thing overlooked. The Classic Controller.

And before any of you ask "what would be the point?", it's not to prove the game would come to the Wii. It's just showing that contols not optimized for the Wiimote is not a reason to avoid porting a game

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I see what you mean, but games coming later this year on both hd platforms are just going to put a shame to the Wii graphic, I know the Wii is winning, but sooner or later, the difference is going to be too much.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
I see what you mean, but games coming later this year on both hd platforms are just going to put a shame to the Wii graphic, I know the Wii is winning, but sooner or later, the difference is going to be too much.

Casuals( The larger part of the market) would be happy with ps2 graphics so I don't see where you would get the idea that the wii isn't powerful enough and outdated. Do you know anything about graphics productions related to specs If so then you would know the ps3 and 360 are only about 3-5 times more powerful than the wii. This may seem alot but alot of things that could be done on the wii on sd can't be done on the 360 or ps3 in 1080p. Most people can't even tell a difference from 480p and 720p and barely tell a difference from 480p to 1080p. So to the graphic whores the wii is outdated but to the average consumer its is just right and the 360 and ps3 are too powerful. 

Around the Network
psrock said:

Um, it's not as though the Wii is planning on ten years for the system. And Nintendo did state that the next system would be high definition. They are just waiting for enough HDTVs to be sold.

Yet the difference you are assuming seems to think that the Wii is already at, or near, it's limits. You don't know that. None of us do, but I'm not claiming to know what the Wii's limits are. I'm just stating you don't know either.

I just want to make it clear that there are reasons not to port a game. I just don't find the reasons given here against the Wii legitimate, at least not in the blanket terms being used.

LordTheNightKnight said:
I just want to make it clear that there are reasons not to port a game. I just don't find the reasons given here against the Wii legitimate, at least not in the blanket terms being used.

except it won't be a port, aleast in the conventioal way. No one has answered my question here. Why won't capcom port DMC4 or Lost planet to the Wii when they are all too eager to port RE4, RE0, and Okami instead?

The argument that games don't get downported because the systems are too weak will mean that PC games will almost never get a console port which we all know has happened so...whatever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
disolitude said:
I'm sure they could do it with minor graphic downgrades. However, you would look like an idiot playing it and swinging your hands back and forth so...no thanks.

This is another thing overlooked. The Classic Controller.

And before any of you ask "what would be the point?", it's not to prove the game would come to the Wii. It's just showing that contols not optimized for the Wiimote is not a reason to avoid porting a game.

Umm its a great reason not to make it... If I am getting crappy graphics and controls that don't work well on the nunchuk, why am I buying the game for the wii?