By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

sc94597 said:

Most people can't even tell a difference from 480p and 720p and barely tell a difference from 480p to 1080p. 

There must be a lot of blind people because I can easily clearly seen the difference for years now. 

Around the Network

Has any game been ported from th e360 or ps3 to Wii yet?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Has any game been ported from th e360 or ps3 to Wii yet?

I don't think so. GH3 was a PS2 port...umm, Madden enhanced PS2 port. Can anyone think of one?

Smidlee said:
sc94597 said:

Most people can't even tell a difference from 480p and 720p and barely tell a difference from 480p to 1080p. 

There must be a lot of blind people because I can easily clearly seen the difference for years now. 

seriously...look at a PC game and change the resolution. All the best Wii games barely look better than GC games (including Galaxy, MP3, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc). Only PS2, PSP, or DS games will be ported to the Wii.

totalwar23 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
I just want to make it clear that there are reasons not to port a game. I just don't find the reasons given here against the Wii legitimate, at least not in the blanket terms being used.

except it won't be a port, aleast in the conventioal way. No one has answered my question here. Why won't capcom port DMC4 or Lost planet to the Wii when they are all too eager to port RE4, RE0, and Okami instead?

Let me tell you RE4, Okami and RE0 those games were based on last generation of graphics and those games could be easiely ported and could save time and money. The games that are mentioned DMC 4 and Lost Planet are not easiely ported and it would need extreme reworking in physics and etc. To be honest Wii is no a Ps3 so it cannot produce those games. Of course they could do it, nothing stops them but you may call Capcom kinda lazy for not wanting to rework everything. Maybe if wii was more to the level of Ps3 and Xbox then you would see it for sure. Let me tell you don't want Lost planet. There's my answer.

Around the Network
polishforlife said:
totalwar23 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
I just want to make it clear that there are reasons not to port a game. I just don't find the reasons given here against the Wii legitimate, at least not in the blanket terms being used.

except it won't be a port, aleast in the conventioal way. No one has answered my question here. Why won't capcom port DMC4 or Lost planet to the Wii when they are all too eager to port RE4, RE0, and Okami instead?

Let me tell you RE4, Okami and RE0 those games were based on last generation of graphics and those games could be easiely ported and could save time and money. The games that are mentioned DMC 4 and Lost Planet are not easiely ported and it would need extreme reworking in physics and etc. To be honest Wii is no a Ps3 so it cannot produce those games. Of course they could do it, nothing stops them but you may call Capcom kinda lazy for not wanting to rework everything. Maybe if wii was more to the level of Ps3 and Xbox then you would see it for sure. Let me tell you don't want Lost planet. There's my answer.

Exactly,and that's my point-so I don't why LordTheNightKnight keeps pushing this. Capcom simply can't just port the game. They have to rework the game. Whether or not they decide it's worth it or not-it's up to them, not to us.

Who could say DMC 4 isn't racking in cash. it haw been number 1 3 weeks in a row on 360. Capcom said they sold 2 million copies which is already more than 2 or 3 and that DMC is a key franchise. This game was also probably mad on only 5 or 6 million bucks. They have been using the same engine i think

"Only PS2, PSP, or DS games will be ported to the Wii."

Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Spin_3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FaceBreaker

and those are just examples. Im sure more will be coming, and im not surprised if RE5 is one of them. 

i have a wii, and i think the gameplay of DMC is to fast, but in no more heroes, the last boss is really fast and the action is fast too,

the only thing is graphics will have to be different

blackbird3216 said:

"Only PS2, PSP, or DS games will be ported to the Wii."

Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Spin_3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FaceBreaker

and those are just examples. Im sure more will be coming, and im not surprised if RE5 is one of them.

And don't forget Rockstar's Table Tennis.