By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell better at the end of its gen. Xbox One in Japan or Vita in the US.

Which will sell more.

Vita will sell more units in the US. 158 92.40%

Xbox One will sell more units in Japan. 13 7.60%

Total:171

Vita in the US already outsold what the XBox One will sell in Japan three times over, so yeah, Vita US is the answer.

Around the Network

If the Xbone launch is any indication, I think the answer is pretty obvious. The Xbone gets hot and it's huge. It doesn't have a whole lot of games that appeal to the Japanese gamer as of yet.

Plus it's not inconceivable that in the years to come the PS4 has a halo effect on the Vita, increasing sales.

Microsoft doesnt even care about the kinect
I dont think they would care for Japan

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Da PSVita of course.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

Vita it's already have 1.8 millions while xbox one will be lucky to do more then 1 million

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Vita with the small victory here lol.

Vita has already won.

Xbone in Japan has 0 chance to reach the current number of Vitas in the US

I'm a fan of both but agree with all that the Japanese market just doesn't care too much for US consoles (aka the Xbox line) most likely because they focus more on Western style games (despite their best efforts to accommodate Japan). They are also more likely to buy from their "home country" before an outsider. The Vita (which I own) really isn't getting the developer support which shocks me. Yes there are games for it but limited and not using the "system" to its fullest capacity. The streaming from the PS4 will/should greatly increase the base in the US. Wish Microsoft could sell better in Japan but just not meant to be I suppose. Great developers and gamer base that could be further tapped.