By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - As Xbox One Launches in Japan, Akihabara Gamers Really Aren’t Standing in Line

Lol. I wasn't really expecting the XBox One to make a splash in Japan, but yeah, it's a pretty sad sight :-/ .

Around the Network

Here's a link to more photos:

http://kotaku.com/japans-xbox-one-launch-as-sad-as-youd-expect-1630411606

Photos like this one:

Soooo now articles are surfacing suggesting that a number of the launch stores for the Xbox One have had the journalists present outnumber the people there to actually purchase the system. If this is the case... OUCH. O.o

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/japan-launch-of-microsoft-xbox-one-falls-flat-586567

Random source picked, but it's on some other sites too. I reeeeally need to go to bed, so someone else feel free to dig at the source for authenticity, etc, etc. *toddles off for sleeps*

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

wow this is so surprising... seriously not even sony or nintendo are doing good there and we should expect x1 not to flop. This was expected and the console won't even sell close to 360 probably

what did people expect?

Around the Network

Even if MS secure a few jrpg like it did for the 360, it still wont help them because their installbase didn't buy them.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

that xbox yusuf medhi guy sucks and is a moron. what a total fool.

Im not surprised. they never liked the xbox brand. i dont know why ms bothered. i would have pulled the plug awhile ago on japan, its not that big of a market for consoles anyways.

Even if this was expected, it's still upsetting!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

bananaking21 said:
what did people expect?

Well they expected nothing but want another good reason to laugh with MS..Surprised?

using the forza cardboard crowd was pretty funny.

Thanks jlmurph!