By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS4 at the end of its second year match PS3 at the end of its 3rd year?

What chance do you give PS4 of surpassing?

10% 7 11.86%

20% 4 6.78%

30% 7 11.86%

40% 2 3.39%

50% 6 10.17%

60% 1 1.69%

70% 1 1.69%

80% 3 5.08%

90% 3 5.08%

100% 25 42.37%

Total:59
Arkaign said:
platformmaster918 said:
drake_tolu said:

This year PS4 will sell more than the PS3 in the year of peack... THIS year.

what was that 14m?  Almost certainly.  It's crazy how much faster it's going I mean PS4 has already passed PS3 at the end of 07 and it's AUGUST!  Makes you realize how weird it is for people to say how One is doing well just because it's outpacing 360 which did worse than PS3 in its first year

True, the comparisons with 360 are pure marketing spin.

360 released in a very supply-constrained way, with fits and starts of availability, and suffered lack of killer apps until GOW/etc really lit the fires. People forget that 360's first year wasn't all that hot honestly. Xbox hadn't built more than a niche brand with OG Xbox (by far my favorite Xbox, lol), so the 360 didn't rise to prominence until :

God of War came as the 'killer' app, and then PS3 released to a huge amount of disappointment and criticism. I think a TON of PS2 owners waited for PS3 to come out, and a lot of those people who waited said 'screw it, I'll just get a 360' due to price and the games out at the time.

But back to XB1, due to a core fanbase of dedicated 360 fans and the highest availability of any console ever before, it sold REALLY well in Nov/Dec. Front loaded beyond anything we've ever seen in gaming history. For 2014, XB1 went promptly into a tailspin and still has yet to really recover. XB1 is now WAY below 360's same weekly/monthly sales for the same respective time after launch, and only remains ahead lifetime due to the massive Nov/Dec frontloading.

I wonder when the lines will cross on 360 vs XB1 lifetime. At some point the XB1 will fall behind the 360 in LTD from launch sales.

Without even talking about that, people who only see total sales spin the reality : X1 is selling much worse than 360 month by month since March, by a long shot.

It is obviously spin because it is impossible for One to sell as much as 360 LFT, half of that would already be the best scenario in it's situation.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

confusing...

If you are talking about Ps4 making more than 20 million sales by november 2015, than yeah, it will make more than 20 million, maybe even above 25 millions.

If you are talking about 20 millions in 2º holyday time, than i will give under 10% chance, more than 19.3 millions is just too mcuh for any console... almost impossible, but still a "almost"...

Yes, by the end of 2015 it'll be way past 30 million, let alone 20.

It is very confusing to say by the end of the second year and meaning the second year is about a month and a half :p

So would Dec 31st be PS4 at 13.5 months and PS3 at 25.5 months?

So you think it'll pass 19m by the end of the year? I doubt it, 16-17m is more realistic.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
So you think it'll pass 19m by the end of the year? I doubt it, 16-17m is more realistic.

Well to be fair, few months ago, 14M was the realistic expectation and 16-17M the very unlikely one, it changes every month :)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Fusioncode said:

well I'd say that's a fair chance if a realistic prediction is only 2m under it

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers