By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 is Outselling Xbox One and Wii U in 2014

PS4 5,640,662 (+28%) 10,050,258

PS3 2,126,251 (-74%) 83,198,260
XOne 1,984,601 (-35%) 5,036,002
WiiU 1,675,483 (-47%) 7,096,366

So this really shocked me. The PS3 is currently in its 8th year and is currently outselling the Xbox One by 142k and the Wii U by 450k for total sales in 2014. What do you think will it end the year ahead of both? either? or will the rest of the year favour the newer consoles?

Around the Network

it will favor the newer consoles because they will receive a bigger holiday bump. still the PS3 numbers are pretty impressive for such a crowded console market.

Yeah PS3 wont hold its lead into the holidays, WiiU and XBO should have much stronger numbers throughout Q4. Especially with games like Smash and Halo MCC coming out.

Those PS3 numbers are impressive, but the holiday season will leave the good ol' PS3 behind the WiiU and the X1...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It will loose out in the end but sales for the system the next 3 years will still be compararatively good just because of the high import taxed countries as they will have the console at mass affordable prices soon. We saw it with the ps2 aswell

Around the Network

No wonder it didn't get a price cut this year. They could easily hold of til next holiday.

The ps3 probably won't hold on through the holidays, but if it does all sony fanboys shall rejoice.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The Xbox One will likely pull ahead next month but i can see Wii-U end up behind PS3 this year. It's already close to half a million behind and i don't see the Wii-U outselling the PS3 by large numbers except maybe around SSB launch.

Don't forget that games like Destiny might even give the PS3 a slight hardware boost.

Ka-pi96 said:
PlayStation really does dominate everything!

* insert the name of a certain handheld here*

Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

* insert the name of a certain handheld here*

One that still dominates when it comes to fun

if you are a huge fan of JRPGS then sure!