By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets face it: Angry Birds is a more successful franchise than Super Mario Bros.

Is Angry Birds more succesful than Mario?

YES 43 8.02%

NO 396 73.88%

YOUR HURT MY FEELINGS. MA... 67 12.50%

NO. CANDYCRUSHSAGA ALL THE WAY F00lZ!!!!!11 30 5.60%

Total:536

In 2013, the makers of Angry Birds, Rovio, had their biggest year when the company made 156 million Eur. Nintendo's 2013 sales amounted to 6.38 billion. Sales of Mario Kart 8 alone, between its launch and Nintendo's announcement in July passed 2.88 million x 69,99 = Eur 200 million. Sales of Mario games last year, 2013, exceeded 10 million units, despite only one new launch.

Angry birds is not even close to Mario success. Rovio as a whole doesn't come close to Mario, let alone Nintendo.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

hahaha

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/rovio-new-ceo-pekka-rantala-succeeds-mikael-hed-2014-8

I'll give it 3-4 years before the mobile gaming market crashes. Might be even sooner

The fact that Super Mario Bros did so well at a premium price makes that game the more successful franchise in my opinion.

TROLLING?!

No.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
The fact that Super Mario Bros did so well at a premium price makes that game the more successful franchise in my opinion.

it s the best selling series of MARIO  which is the best selling franchise (550m) 143.7 plus 4.3 wii u version and 8m 3ds version

Mystro-Sama said:
So you're telling me a free game has more players than a game you have to pay for? Oh fuck, alert the media!

Exactly! This is so fucking shocking!!!!!!!!!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think Flappy Bird is bigger than both of them

I feel dumber reading the OP and first post. Mario has been a videogame icon for 30 years, Angry Birds is just a fad, read the latest reports, it's going down just like all the other mobile game fads

Rovio CEO, Mikael Hed, steps down after collapse in profits
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885504

Well does Mario have a theme park =p?

Seriously a lot of people spend money on Angry birds, their is a reason why you can spend 99,9 €/$ for gems ingame ..