By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 won this week in NA, congrats!

My store hasn't had hardly any 360s in and people come in asking for them a lot, its been going on since about Mid January, the thing about a little store like mine is that if we're getting shafted out of systems it's going to turn into shortages all around the coming weeks, first it was my store then the 2 bigger stores in the town north of us and the town south of us. Congrats to Sony even though its kind of a hollow victory.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Congrats for the PS3, I hope it can generate as much sales as possible considering what part of the year we are in. The 360 continues to drop back and let the PS3 gain market lead.

Wii is still having trouble meeting demand :(

If he's truly not being sarcastic, I can't believe FishyJoe even posted this, hmmmmmmm

Although it's nice to see the change, with stores stocking up for brawl I doubt it will happen again next week.

I will wait on NDP to see if this PS3 tear is true... the software sales do not seem to be backing it up much. Is it possible that ioi over adjusted his formula after undertracking it in Jan? I still think NDP could have had the PS3 too high. Walmart is not tracked by NDP and NDP may have calcualted WalMart by the Same formula they used in the PS2 days. But that was back when the casuals all bought their PS2 games from WM. Now many casuals have moved over to the Wii I beleive NDP's formula is bogus.

That is why Wii was low and PS3 high. Their formula is off. Sometimes historical methods can lead to gross inacuracy.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Good news for the PS3! Hope that this trend continues with the great games the PS3 has in the coming months :D

I have my doubts...

Something tells me that the PS3 is being over tracked. It's hard for me to believe that the PS3 is selling close to 100k a week in America.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Munkeh111 said:
tombi123 said:
This is sarcasm. The Wii is supply constraint. Fishy Joe was being sarcastic...
I hadn't thought on that level, I thought that the only chance of the PS3 ever winning anything was against the 360

I don't think the PS3 will win against the Wii in NA either (it will beat the 360). But the PS3 beat the 360 and the Wii this week. Fishy Joe is an anti sony/nintendo fanboy, so I thought he was being sarcastic. 

For the guys are out of the US or maybe just too young.

ITS TAX SEASON!!!!!! YAY FOR EXTRA MONEY!

PooperScooper said:
For the guys are out of the US or maybe just too young.

ITS TAX SEASON!!!!!! YAY FOR EXTRA MONEY!

Maybe for you, I have to pay over $25k in taxes :(