By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could This Actually Work? The "New 3DS/XL" become a Gamepad Substitute for the WiiU? Thus Making a $150-$200 Gamepad-Less SKU for WiiU in the future?

Teeqoz said:
tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:
So they have to buy a new 3DS aswell? What if you don't buy a new 3DS?

Then get a regular WiiU (with the gamepad)

I think with N3DS launching in japan first and then early 2015 fr the West, the hardcore fans will buy it up, and have te option with a portable system as well as the home console... AKA Nintendo Fusion Beta!

But you said gamepad-less SKU didn't you?

And Conegamer is right in this case (as he is quite often ) It'll never happen.

I hearv "It'll Never Happen" awhole lot, yet..... Well sometimes it does... Big Example New 3DS! Awhile back i thought (and many others) that there be a new model for the 3ds/xl (i had the idea Pro 3DS/XL) and yet many people said that that will never happen especialy after the 2DS announcement.

Many predicted will see Nintendo's New HH in 2014/2015 and it'll release in 2015/2016 (many thought this because of 3DS declined YoY sales) and here we are. Looks like Never Happen, well... It did Happen

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:

I hearv "It'll Never Happen" awhole lot, yet..... Well sometimes it does... Big Example New 3DS! Awhile back i thought (and many others) that there be a new model for the 3ds/xl (i had the idea Pro 3DS/XL) and yet many people said that that will never happen especialy after the 2DS announcement.

Many predicted will see Nintendo's New HH in 2014/2015 and it'll release in 2015/2016 (many thought this because of 3DS declined YoY sales) and here we are. Looks like Never Happen, well... It did Happen

Well I'm saying there won't be a gamepad less sku unless it's bundled with the New 3DS which is unlikely.

Absolutely no way in hell lmao.

Teeqoz said:
tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:
tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:
So they have to buy a new 3DS aswell? What if you don't buy a new 3DS?

Then get a regular WiiU (with the gamepad)

I think with N3DS launching in japan first and then early 2015 fr the West, the hardcore fans will buy it up, and have te option with a portable system as well as the home console... AKA Nintendo Fusion Beta!

Well I'm saying there won't be a gamepad less sku unless it's bundled with the New 3DS which is unlikely.

No doubt, im just literally asking if it can work. Despite my HH prediction, i dont expect this one to come true at all...

spemanig said:
Absolutely no way in hell lmao.

If this ends up true (at least an attempt to become a test of Nintendo's Next Generation), im going to rub this in your face XD

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

This makes Nintendo even more genius than I previously thought and it makes sense.  It now has all the same buttons as the Wii U, the increased RAM and CPU could make it easier  to stream from the Wii U to the 3DS if it was developed with that in mind.  

Nintendo could actually make bundles that start replacing the Wii U pad with the New 3DS XL.  These bundles might cost $400, but you're now getting a Wii U and a New 3DS.  This could actually be what Nintendo was talking about when they were talking about the home/portable console in one.

kupomogli said:
tbone51 said:

This makes Nintendo even more genius than I previously thought and it makes sense.  It now has all the same buttons as the Wii U, the increased RAM and CPU could make it easier  to stream from the Wii U to the 3DS if it was developed with that in mind.  

Nintendo could actually make bundles that start replacing the Wii U pad with the New 3DS XL.  These bundles might cost $400, but you're now getting a Wii U and a New 3DS.  This could actually be what Nintendo was talking about when they were talking about the home/portable console in one.

Even thoughi dont expect it to happen, im glad somebody is actually listening and using their Head!

And its from a guy who never agrees on anything i say XD

Seriously though, I think "New WiiU" a gamepad-less SKU and/or a WiiU+New 3DS Bundled can definitely work for holiday 2015.

All they need is one freaking thing..... Add all playable SW from the new 3ds/xl playable on the wiiu! that would be a megaton and a true Hybrid imo!!!

Not really, but the New 3DS has all the buttons of a full blown home console controller. A stopgap for their supposed fusion system?

tbone51 said:

All they need is one freaking thing..... Add all playable SW from the new 3ds/xl playable on the wiiu! that would be a megaton and a true Hybrid imo!!!

This is actually what I was thinking when they were talking about the hybrid concept.  That it'd be more like the Turbo Express Portable where the TG16 and the portable used the same cartridges.  But with you bringing up that the New 3DS has all the same buttons, it makes sense that this New 3DS is more than likely what they meant.

kupomogli said:
tbone51 said:

This is actually what I was thinking when they were talking about the hybrid concept.  That it'd be more like the Turbo Express Portable where the TG16 and the portable used the same cartridges.  But with you bringing up that the New 3DS has all the same buttons, it makes sense that this New 3DS is more than likely what they meant.

We'll see soon enough (well at least we'll kno next year), if it ends up true, im bumping this thread. Then we can brag XD