By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New 3DS will double RAM and (nearly double) VRAM.

Next gen after four years to keep ahead of mobile gaming by a significant margin. Makes sense to me; I for one welcome our new "NEW" Overlords.

Around the Network

I think the extra ram and processing power may let the new 3DS have super nintendo and gba virtual console games, unlike the regular 3ds, that could be a big deal.

bluemd said:
If the c stick and l2 r2 buttons are there for gc emulation/massive amount of porting i'm totally buying this thing.

*ZL/ZR buttons

Yeah, right. I honestly doubt that this can handle N64 emulation, let alone GCN. But, it's certainly possible, control-scheme wise.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:

*ZL/ZR buttons

Yeah, right. I honestly doubt that this can handle N64 emulation, let alone GCN. But, it's certainly possible, control-scheme wise.

I'd suspect this is for GBA emulation.

Vena said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

*ZL/ZR buttons

I'd suspect this is for GBA emulation.

Wait, are you talking about the power or the control scheme?

If you're talking about the former, this would be a fantastic idea. Not that I don't think the 3DS was capable of it, but I think this'll do it at a steady 60fps, like the GBA itself.

If you're talking about the latter, well, uh, the GBA didn't have analog sticks and ZL/ZR buttons.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:

If you're talking about the former, this would be a fantastic idea. Not that I don't think the 3DS was capable of it, but I think this'll do it at a steady 60fps, like the GBA itself.

If you're talking about the latter, well, uh, the GBA didn't have analog sticks and ZL/ZR buttons.

Power, obviously. :P

The 3DS cannot emulate GBA, doesn't have the memory nor the throughput for it.

Vena said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

Power, obviously. :P

The 3DS cannot emulate GBA, doesn't have the memory nor the throughput for it.

Ah, I see. For a second there, I thought that you'd be able to emulate GBA titles (not the 32MB ones) on the 3DS.

Nintendo should really shrink the system footprint.

QUAKECore89 said:
AZWification said:

Hmmm... Does that mean the new 3DS is actually Ninty's new handheld or what?!! :S

Its an upgrade, just like old DSi has double RAM & faster CPU which is better than original DS.

Wait, the DSi has double the RAM and such? Hmmm, you learn something new everyday it seems!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RealGamingExpert said:
Sony-For-Life said:
I dont understand this, so Nintendo makes yet another underpowered portable console and everybody shit in their pants? at best this ''new 3DS'' is half as powerfull as vita and many times less powerfull than a snapdragon 805, and some of u will be very happy if this is indeed nintendo's new handheld?

what there is to be happy about? I just wanna understand your logic!

Who the fuck cares about the power of a console? >_>

It's about the games, not about the hardware.

If the power doesnt matter u might as well stay on ur PS3 forever or when u have a PS3 and a PS4 u still buy every multiplat on ur PS3! yeah the power doesn't matter to a certain degree but it matters more than anyone who wants to pretend that it doesn't! if this is indeed Nintendo's new handheld then i gotta say its such a disapointing of a console.

Add me if u want :)

ohmylanta1003 said:
Sony-For-Life said:
I dont understand this, so Nintendo makes yet another underpowered portable console and everybody shit in their pants? at best this ''new 3DS'' is half as powerfull as vita and many times less powerfull than a snapdragon 805, and some of u will be very happy if this is indeed nintendo's new handheld?

what there is to be happy about? I just wanna understand your logic!

There aren't many people happy about this release...don't know where you've been all day. And no one cares if the 3DS is less powerful. It's got a much better library of games and...wait for it...support from the company that made it. BOOM!!!

Sidenote: This isn't Nintendo's next handheld, guarenteed.

Sidenote 2: If by shit in their pants you mean shit all over Nintendo, then you would be right, because that's all anyone has been doing today.

Not sure if seriouse?

haven't u read all the comments that people will buy this if its the new Nintendo handheld? well that's just sad IMO.

Add me if u want :)