By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl in Stores NOW!!!!

Why have them displayed in Walmart, when Walmart can't sell them? People are going to pick up a copy, take it to the cash register, and then simply get denied? That doesn't make sense! Some people might steal them, when they see them, but literally, can't buy them.

Around the Network

YOu found me out! I went to Japan and stole 5 million copies of the game and gave them to Wal Mart Target and Circuit City! AH!!!!!!!!

a.l.e.x00 said:
Why have them displayed in Walmart, when Walmart can't sell them? People are going to pick up a copy, take it to the cash register, and then simply get denied? That doesn't make sense! Some people might steal them, when they see them, but literally, can't buy them.

erm.. the picture very clearly looks like the back storeroom.. although i must say i've only been to walmart like three times in america.. so maybe the inside of the store is actually crowded with shelves of unorganised boxes

i am going to be calling the place i pre-ordered from...hopefully they will get the hook up and pass it on to me

Stever89 said:
tabsina said:
Rofl at the phrase below all the boxes "The brawl to end them all".. is it me and my lotr fetish or was that a parody of "one ring to rule them all"?

Nope, I get the feeling too. Next thing you know...

Mario: It's a pity Snake didn't kill him when he had the chance.
Pit: Pity? It was pity that stayed Snake's hand. Many that recover deserve to fall. Some that fall deserve the edge. Can you give it to them, Mario? Do not be too eager to deal out KOs. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Bowser has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Snake may rule the fate of many.

Or even worse...

Zelda: The stage is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it. It began with the creation of the Super Smash Bros. One was given to the N64, strongest, immortal, fairest of all beings. Another was given to the GC, who above all desired power. But they were deceived, for another Smash Bros was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Nintendo HQ, the Dark Lord Sakuri forged in secret a master Smash Bros, to control all others. And into this final Smash he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One Brawl to rule end them all.

Or maybe I'm just completely crazy. Back to reading The Silmarillion.

Edit: Wow I'm gonna have to go watch those movies now. Thanks a lot.

Awesome, just awesome.  I love it

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

I'd rather guess it is something like the problem with dual layers. When they transport the discs, they become dirty, and therefore the store has to clean them or something, before they can be sold.

Hmm, maybe not...

2M first week? I'm guessing more like 2K first week. We all know that Smash Bros is a good seller in Japan and Europe, but in America it's a niche title. I mean, just look at the earlier sales!

Week 73 SSBM.

Japan: 8327 units sold
Europe: 8929 units sold
America: 1743 units sold

As you see, Melee was almost 5 times as big in Japan as in America. And no way! This is not Fishy Joe's sig.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

wll my local gamestop has it...how did the guy say it. we might have gotten it early but we are still not about to break the streat date.......poop

loadedstatement said:
Im a huge fan of Brawl. But a lot of you are saying 2 million first day!? I highly doubt we will see 2 million first WEEK. Brawl is a huge game, but not THAT huge. You people that think the game will get a 20% attach ratio the first day are crazy. I'll say 1.6-1.8 million first week.

lol. 1.8 is only 200k away from 2 million. If it can do 1.8, don't you think it could do 2 million? And the game almost had a attach rate of 20% first week in Japan, probably close to 15% or something.

I don't know what to expect of this game. I think it actually depends on how many Wii's they can get out for launch, since I think a lot of people are waiting to get a Wii for when Brawl comes out.

And I'm glad you guys enjoyed the LotR quotes. 

@ Oyvoyvoyv Ehm you know that Melee sold over 4 Mio in Americas while in Japan it sold something like 1.4 Mio? So i wouldn't call it a niche title for the Americas. Others were the weakest region for SSB but i'm not sure if this will be the case for Brawl too

Attachment rate in Japan: 16.2% (only 3 or 4 days)

Total sales in USA with same attachment rate: 1.53M

If 2M is to be sold, that would mean an attachment rate of 21.1 %, that is if there are sold 0 wiis from now and untill launch, so about 20.5%

For SSBB to beat Halo 3's first week, it will have to sell 2.96M in Europe + USA first week. That is equal to an attachment rate of 19.99%

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS