By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware/software 23 August 2014

wii U, 10k drop because of japan.
it dropped from 18k to 8k.

Around the Network

Wowza, that was fast!

PS4 insane!

WiiU and XB1 basically equalled now. Madden will put XB1 on top and Destiny will keep it there for at least a while

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

OfficerRaichu15 said:
dang ps4 and wii u beat xbo with madden bundle :O

Madden isn't on this weeks numbers. 

destiny week is going to screw any attempt at a baseline average lol the whole month will be pretty crazy.

~230-300k destiny bundles already preordered.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Ka-pi96 said:
alrightiwill said:
So with PS4 sitting at 160k for mid-August, is it looking like 200k per week average for Sept??

Hmm, I dunno Destiny is September, then FIFA as well. I think it will average higher than 200k.

Forgot about FIFA, that will def give PS4 an increase in Europe. So we could be seeing PS4 getting 250k/week in September and then we go into the wallet slaughter month that is October.

Around the Network
alrightiwill said:
Ka-pi96 said:
alrightiwill said:
So with PS4 sitting at 160k for mid-August, is it looking like 200k per week average for Sept??

Hmm, I dunno Destiny is September, then FIFA as well. I think it will average higher than 200k.

Forgot about FIFA, that will def give PS4 an increase in Europe. So we could be seeing PS4 getting 250k/week in September and then we go into the wallet slaughter month that is October.

I think you underestimate the ability of Destiny to boost sales. I personally think it'll reach 350k/400k. TLOU Remastered caused a 200k peak for the PS4. And it wasn't even THAT hyped. So Destiny...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

WiiU is now at 6.68m shipped as of June 30 but over 6.60m sold...that's just over a week of sales or so. Funny how quickly WiiU got adjusted up when we got the Germany number despite the worldwide sales quite obviously being off a lot.

It's actually the reverse of the PS4 situation, where we knew the global sales but ioi wouldn't adjust due to not knowing where to put them.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

After destiny wii u will be last weekly for quite some time.

but smash release possible 1st. early 2015 above x1 again

Destiny + FIFA + white PS4 means some insane September numbers for PS4

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
WiiU is now at 6.68m shipped as of June 30 but over 6.60m sold...that's just over a week of sales or so. Funny how quickly WiiU got adjusted up when we got the Germany number despite the worldwide sales quite obviously being off a lot.

It's actually the reverse of the PS4 situation, where we knew the global sales but ioi wouldn't adjust due to not knowing where to put them.

we really dont know ww though they could be not as bad as you think

(remember retailers were notorious for not ordering lots of wii us(which theres acxtually demand for them so it could be not as much as you expect)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3