By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 16th August HW up; + adjustments; PS4 at 9.9M

vivster said:
When people try to brush off the PS4's success by it selling on hype I always think to myself: If it's so cheap and easy selling on hype alone why isn't everyone else doing it?

If you're not selling on hype or even worse, sell your competitors console by being the worse choice then you fucked up big time at some point. So MS should be commended for cleaning up the mess they created while Sony is dismissed for not fucking up at all? There's something weird with that.

This seems to me like some contrarian underdog worshipping. Just because you twisted your ankle at the start of the race and didn't win the gold medal, doesn't mean that the one who did, didn't put any effort in it.

There's one guy at my work who always, every single day, showed up nicely dressed, pants and shirt starched and pressed, color coordinated, hair impeccably combed, face smoothly shaven, with just a perfect selection and amount of cologne. Nobody even noticed him anymore.

I on the other hand usually wear same clothes several days in a row, never iron my shirt or pants, which usually have a few mustard stains on them. My shoes are old, my yair a mess, and I shave only for special occasions. But then, every once in a while, such occasion will come, and I'll clean up and show up at work, still not nearly as neat as the other guy.

But everybody notices, compliments me, tells me how great I look, pretty women buy me drinks and offer casual sex (sometimes more than one at the same time).

That other guys recently got pissed, made a scene, smashed his computer to pieces and quit. I see him pushing a shopping cart filled with plastic bottles now, when I'm going to that new hip club with my supermodel girlfriends...

BTW, can you recommend a good baby seal club? These Louisville Sealclubbers are not worth the premium price...

Around the Network
Burek said:
vivster said:
When people try to brush off the PS4's success by it selling on hype I always think to myself: If it's so cheap and easy selling on hype alone why isn't everyone else doing it?

If you're not selling on hype or even worse, sell your competitors console by being the worse choice then you fucked up big time at some point. So MS should be commended for cleaning up the mess they created while Sony is dismissed for not fucking up at all? There's something weird with that.

This seems to me like some contrarian underdog worshipping. Just because you twisted your ankle at the start of the race and didn't win the gold medal, doesn't mean that the one who did, didn't put any effort in it.

There's one guy at my work who always, every single day, showed up nicely dressed, pants and shirt starched and pressed, color coordinated, hair impeccably combed, face smoothly shaven, with just a perfect selection and amount of cologne. Nobody even noticed him anymore.

I on the other hand usually wear same clothes several days in a row, never iron my shirt or pants, which usually have a few mustard stains on them. My shoes are old, my yair a mess, and I shave only for special occasions. But then, every once in a while, such occasion will come, and I'll clean up and show up at work, still not nearly as neat as the other guy.

But everybody notices, compliments me, tells me how great I look, pretty women buy me drinks and offer casual sex (sometimes more than one at the same time).

That other guys recently got pissed, made a scene, smashed his computer to pieces and quit. I see him pushing a shopping cart filled with plastic bottles now, when I'm going to that new hip club with my supermodel girlfriends...

BTW, can you recommend a good baby seal club? These Louisville Sealclubbers are not worth the premium price...

Only shows that dressing up well alone will not advance your career. He probably wasn't a people person.

What you need to do is dress up well and come every day screeming into the office: "Look at me how fucking well I'm dressed! Also here is Bloodborne!"

It really depends what you're going for. Do you want to go the soft (read lame) route or do you really want to get into it and inflict some pain?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PS4 looks good for 12 million in time for 1st anniversary of it launch in November.
PS4 sales are expected to pick up as exclusive games, multi-plats, Xmas holiday sales and price cuts take effect to boost sales as PS4 sales momentum continues into the future.

My PS4 sales projections (5 years)
12 + 14 + 16 + 17 + 16 ~ 75 million by end of 2018.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
PS4 looks good for 12 million in time for 1st anniversary of it launch in November.
PS4 sales are expected to pick up as exclusive games, multi-plats, Xmas holiday sales and price cuts take effect to boost sales as PS4 sales momentum continues into the future.

My PS4 sales projections (5 years)
12 + 14 + 16 + 17 + 16 ~ 75 million by end of 2018.

IMO you're low-balling it. PS4 will hit 20 million (or get extremely close to it) in its peak year. Exclusives + future price cuts will increase its sales dramatically, plus there should be a slim version in it's 4th year too.

PS4 brings the most games, the highest quality multi-plats, the widest selection of genre's, no forced gimmicks like motion controls like kinect before it was dis-bundled (which I like for dance games but they're not precise enough yet to include in other games, Rise of Nightmares was a nightmare to control), the best graphical quality, at the best price, and people wonder why it's selling the most?

Even the MS guy was saying he wished xbone had a game like Uncharted, but it doesn't, or one like God Of War, or Bloodborne, or rpg's like Ni No Kuni (ps3 I know), and other niche games. If you're not into Halo, Gears, or Fable, there's not much left from MS. MS actually paid money to have a tomb raider prequel exclusive for awhile. Uncharted 4 will blow it out of the water. Also, the PS4 release of Rise of the TR will blow it out of the water.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
So much saltiness in this thread lol.

Those posts are seasoned with the sweet taste of bitter tears from furious fanboys. 

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

vivster said:

Well said, bravo.

My 8th gen collection

CGI-Quality said:
North America = 51,601
Globally = 48,259

My eyes must be deceiving me!

Globally in the US.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

The ps4 on VG wil reach the 10m when xbone surpass the 10m! The 5m on China is coming and the others countries like Greece. Easy overtrack with excuses lol I wonder if they know the ps4 has sell so far in Greece 30.000 and the target for Sony is was 45.000 until the and on fisical year 2015
whatever people saying, this time the hype is true, true powrfull, true games, true ds4, everything for whatt we see last year on febuary is true and become better every day leave the competision faaar behing even with the best thing the xbox has the online
The wii success on selling point was only a gimmick for 3 years after that....

Burek said:

Cool story bro.

My 8th gen collection