By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 34 (August 18 - 24)

Ka-pi96 said:
Teeqoz said:
Ninsect said:

The fuck happened to PS3? 

Looks like everyone in Japan is waiting for the white PS4

There's an upcoming small pricecut, equivalent to 20-30 dollars apparently.

Really? That's interesting. I wonder if it will get any price cut in the west as well then.

I think Sony'll just reap higher profits instead (the pricecut is in relation to a new, minor, hardware revision). But it's supposed to release in the west sometime not to far off.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
naruball said:
Ka-pi96 said:

UK console market set to overtake the Japanese market?  Well, if it hasn't already anyway.

Not even close, me thinks. Just look at Yokai Watch sales. In the UK, it's newsworthy when a game sells over 100k.

Hence why I put in console. Japan has a huge handheld market but consoles over there have really fallen and the UK is pretty good for console sales.

Sorry, my bad. I always think of home and handheld consoles as... consoles as opposed to other devices that play games such mobile phones, tablets etc. I realize that many people don't think of them that way, so yeah my bad.

Dark_Feanor said:
Ninsect said:
Dark_Feanor said:
So, Japan is accounting for 5-6% of PS4 WW sales and 25-30% of WiiU´s?

Less than 5-6% of PS4's weekly sales. 20% sounds about right for WiiU

Yep, one have to assume that Japan is behind USA, UK, Germany, France and possible Spain as the PS4 numbers in the last few weeks.

If we go for the last VGChartz adjustments Europe is doing 9 to 1 vs Japan.

That is quite insane.

Well, yeah, Japan has fallen. Even for WiiU we're looking at sub 10k weekly there too. I mean, Vita outselling all home consoles is a testament to how different the Japan market is to the rest of the world.

Edit: It's not like the countries you mention are small. They all have dozens of millions of people. But I don't think Spain is higher than Japan. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

ryuzaki57 said:
Damn performance for Bullet Girls, and it's sold out! How do we come to that knowing BG never showed up in COMG!?

... wait. If BG sells 30K with max 10-15 COMG pts, how will 71 pts translate in sales for Neptune U next week!!!!??

Not bad for TLOUR and Diablo, Freedom and SAO still beastin' :)

Senran Kagura 2 now needs more than half a year to match Shinobi Versus FW sales at current pace. I hope Marvelous got the message, it can't be clearer than that.

The message is clear: they need to move to ioS

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Damn performance for Bullet Girls, and it's sold out! How do we come to that knowing BG never showed up in COMG!?

... wait. If BG sells 30K with max 10-15 COMG pts, how will 71 pts translate in sales for Neptune U next week!!!!??

Not bad for TLOUR and Diablo, Freedom and SAO still beastin' :)

Senran Kagura 2 now needs more than half a year to match Shinobi Versus FW sales at current pace. I hope Marvelous got the message, it can't be clearer than that.

The funny thing is, despite him wanting the game to bomb just because is "3ds" nd not "vita", who's to say they continue the franchise? 

he (and others tht want it on vita desperately) should realize that vita sales of Senran Kagura were definitely high due to the anime airing at the time of its release. Dooming the game might backfire cuz who's to say the game will come out with another installment???

This aint Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, etc if they put on a different platform and it fails they could easily put it back on anther -_-

Its just Senran Kagura, a niche weird (not gonna say the rest) type of game. Oh well

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
EricFabian said:
ryuzaki57 said: Senran Kagura 2 now needs more than half a year to match Shinobi Versus FW sales at current pace. I hope Marvelous got the message, it can't be clearer than that.

The funny thing is, despite him wanting the game to bomb just because is "3ds" nd not "vita", who's to say they continue the franchise? 

he (and others tht want it on vita desperately) should realize that vita sales of Senran Kagura were definitely high due to the anime airing at the time of its release. Dooming the game might backfire cuz who's to say the game will come out with another installment??

Folks, the new Senran Kagura was announced for Playstation systems months ago. It's gonna be premiered at TGS or on Sept. 1st if we're lucky, Takaki's teased it already.

And the anime was bad, it didn't lift SV jackshit. Senran Kagura 2 sold less because it is an inferior game on inferior hardware, even GAF admits it. People ain't paying the same price for lower quality, that's basic marketing knwoledge.

ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:
EricFabian said:
ryuzaki57 said: Senran Kagura 2 now needs more than half a year to match Shinobi Versus FW sales at current pace. I hope Marvelous got the message, it can't be clearer than that.

he (and others tht want it on vita desperately) should realize that vita sales of Senran Kagura were definitely high due to the anime airing at the time of its release. Dooming the game might backfire cuz who's to say the game will come out with another installment??

Folks, the new Senran Kagura was announced for Playstation systems months ago. It's gonna be premiered at TGS or on Sept. 1st if we're lucky, Takaki's teased it already.

And the anime was bad, it didn't lift SV jackshit. Senran Kagura 2 sold less because it is an inferior game on inferior hardware, even GAF admits it. People ain't paying the same price for lower quality, that's basic marketing knwoledge.

So if that does 40-60k FW, your going to definitely not defend the game right? (Defend its sales, platform, etc)

tbone51 said: So if that does 40-60k FW, your going to definitely not defend the game right? (Defend its sales, platform, etc)

We'll see about that in due time

ryuzaki57 said:

so explain me Monster Hunter and RE: Revelations

Click HERE and be happy 

ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said: So if that does 40-60k FW, your going to definitely not defend the game right? (Defend its sales, platform, etc)

We'll see about that in due time

I think you misunderstood, i didn't predict it'll do 40-60k FW, i dont care for the franchise personally, whether it be nintendo, sony or ios. 

My question to you is "IF" it does do 40-60k FW, your not going to make excuses and say it will bomb right?