By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

Teeqoz said:
Assuming every pokemon player bought a Wii u for it (and assuming that no pokemon player currently owns a Wii U) then it'll sell 12 million Wii Us. But that wouldn't happen.

But if it even sold anywhere near that, it would be an insane boost to Wii Us in peoples homes. Even if every single person who currently owns a Wii U loves pokemon. And Also assuming the ONLY people buying this game would be people who love the pokemon series (this would mean people who just don't buy handhelds are not included, and people not interested in the series but would be interested in a AAA made Pokemon MMO on a console are not included), then the Wii U would still sell around 5 million more than it currently has. In what World is that a bad decision?

Around the Network

How about if they based it off Xenoblades combat system? You could have one or even two pokemon following you around and you could see other wild Pokemon and engage at will. Real time combat would work perfectly with Pokmon, imagine how cool all the different battle animations could be if done well.

bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:
Assuming every pokemon player bought a Wii u for it (and assuming that no pokemon player currently owns a Wii U) then it'll sell 12 million Wii Us. But that wouldn't happen.

But if it even sold anywhere near that, it would be an insane boost to Wii Us in peoples homes. Even if every single person who currently owns a Wii U loves pokemon. And Also assuming the ONLY people buying this game would be people who love the pokemon series (this would mean people who just don't buy handhelds are not included, and people not interested in the series but would be interested in a AAA made Pokemon MMO on a console are not included), then the Wii U would still sell around 5 million more than it currently has. In what World is that a bad decision?

Never said it would be a bad decision.

a mmo needs a lot of players at any given time and the wii u would not have enough players unless wii u owners would stop playing anything else

Brotherstotheend said:
a mmo needs a lot of players at any given time and the wii u would not have enough players unless wii u owners would stop playing anything else

Or it would completely eliminate the frustration in long gaps between major releases.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

I see... So what wouldn't happen exactly?

bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

I see... So what wouldn't happen exactly?

12 million people wouldn't buy the Wii U for a pokemon MMO.

Teeqoz said:

12 million people wouldn't buy the Wii U for a pokemon MMO.

I also disagree, but that's more speculation on both our parts.

I wouldn't want a Pokemon MMO. I don't remember where I heard this, I think it was an intereview with Game Freak or something but I remember either Satoshi Tajiri or Junichi Masuda saying something about how they want Pokemon to be an adventure FOR YOU. Pokemon is kind of an MMO but instead of it being walking around in an open world game, you're walking around irl and getting streetpasses. And instead of meeting them in a virtual world, you would meet them in real life playing in the same virtual world. I feel like that technique is better than having a Pokemon MMO. My opinion though don't hurt me ;~;

Brotherstotheend said:

The Wii U would suddenly have a lot more players.