By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 may be stealing players from Microsoft and Nintendo

WoW, that is like the fifth or sixth thread with the same report, and we have to consider that Sony said the same thing, like 2 months ago.

Around the Network

Some people will still be "discovering" this 2 years from now! There should be a limit to how many topics we have on the same subject on this site. The hot topics get so fucked up with 4 or 5 topics discussing the same. It's not good for the site.

But I thought 360 gamers were still satisfied ???

They stole me and still haven't given me back. Maybe they are waiting for ransom money from Microsoft.
They say Tomb Raider cash is not enough, they want more...

Just wanted to send a message to my family that I'm OK, they are treating me well and are very convincing in their insistence that I remain stolen...

Stockholm syndrome probably....

Really?!! Oh my God, I am just sooo damn shocked by this piece of news!! I can't believe it, spurgey! O.O

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:
CosmicSex said:
Maraccuda said:
To be honest with all the talk Sony has been making over the last year youd think it was more than 31%.

So only about 3 million PS4 owners changed to Sony?
~2mill from 360
~1mill from Wii

31% is a huge amount.  If you take the Xbox 360 at 80 million and Wii at 100 million, together the competion earned 180 million sales at least. 

If you take 30% of 180 million (55 million) and add it to what the PS3 did, you have a situation where the PS4 is on track to do 130 million units.

This is huge for Sony.  

I suppose, but that is relative to last gen sales which I dont think this gen will outperform.

My numbers came from current sales trend which just makes more sense to me.

i also agree this gen wont get the sales of last gen, but im atributing that to a 5 year lifespan for these systems, this ist he first time in console history that they didnt launch consoles that were as or more powerful then top of hte line pcs.  i also see Nintendo and MS wanting to jump to new system early if thier sales dont improve compared to the ps4, which is exactly what happened with the the OG xbox to the 360 they cut the lifespan short on the OG to get the  360 out ahead of the competition.

AZWification said:

Really?!! Oh my God, I am just sooo damn shocked by this piece of news!! I can't believe it, spurgey! O.O

Your current avatar makes this comment so much better. LOL

STRYKIE said:
AZWification said:

Your current avatar makes this comment so much better. LOL

It's not the first time someone tells me that! I guess it was a smart move to choose this avatar!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

padib said:

From xbox, not much from Nintendo.

The games that come out on PS as of late are not games that imho can support such a great gamerbase. The PS2 library could, but the types of games the PS4 is getting is much like the PS3. I don't see why the PS4 should sell so much more. I also believe there was a lot of cross-over buyers between 360 and PS3 at the time ,and that many console sales were due to remodels (Slim, etc.)

yeah but did PS2 have a great number of those titles in its first year on the market?  Also I don't really agree with the general sentiment I mean what games were on PS2 that weren't on PS3 franchise wise?  Some of those old PS2 exclusives may be multiplat now (GTA, DMC, Final Fantasy, KH) but they're still on PS4 and with its other exclusives and services and price right from the getgo instead of being released a year later and taking a couple years to get on even footing this time it's pretty clear that Playstation dominates if they don't go shooting themselves in the foot.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

No this isn't correct.  Some othere guy is stealing XBox and Nintendo fans.  His last name is Shitsherlock, first name No.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261