By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

SF is probably my least favorite franchise, but any idiot can see it could be done on Wii.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

Of course it's coming to the Wii. No platforms have been announced yet, and the Wii is the most likely choice of anything out there. Didn't Capcom say they were considering even PS2 and DS versions if the demand was there?

After hearing about RE0 for the Wii, I'm getting more pissed at Capcom-maybe this might calm me down but I wouldn't be surprise if they pull the old excuse "we like our games to be the same across all platforms, so we decided against the Wii version because it would differ from the PS3/360 version."

After viewing some in-game footage of SFIV, I think it could easily be done on the Wii. The graphics are really good, but they don't appear to be so spectacular that the Wii can't handle them with some minor modifications. Besides, the Wii already has three other Street Fighter games! It's only a matter of time before Street Fighter Alpha 2 from the SNES finds its way over, then they'll be four. Might as well give the fans what they want--SF4 for the Wii, online play and all!

Bad enough Namco ripped Wii owners off by giving us a lame Soul Calibur "adventure" game instead of SC4. They could've put Gannondorf in it this time, or Luke Skywalker (as per the theme)!

>Street Fighter IV, as it stands now, would be well-suited for the higher-level platforms. But the game doesn't have to have these visuals in order to be fun.

that was a direct quote. 

WHen did Wii become a 'lower level platform'? 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I hope they port it to the wii.

It wouldnt be impossible, those visuals were worst than Tekken 5 on the ps3(a ps2 port..).

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

It's certainly possible. I'm hoping.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I can almost see the controls now.

you flip both the Wiimote and nunchuck to jump, you waggle you wiimote to punch, you waggle your nunchuck to kick.

It will revolutionize Fighting genre. Just like how MP3 revolutionized FPS genre.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
I can almost see the controls now.

you flip both the Wiimote and nunchuck to jump, you waggle you wiimote to punch, you waggle your nunchuck to kick.

It will revolutionize Fighting genre. Just like how MP3 revolutionized FPS genre.

Glad  I have my sarcasm-meter on today.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)