By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hackers.....whats their problem with gamers

IamPizzaGod said:

TheFighter is more concerned with trying to lie and spin things to make sony look bad then facts. Denial of service attacks have ZERo to do with security, it is externa; traffic overloading servers. Like a traffic jam thats it.

You don't really need to overload their servers, again it can be done without ever accessing their servers. You are right about overloading trafic but they don't do it to the servers themselves, instead they find where the servers connect to and they overload those connection points with traffic.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
IamPizzaGod said:

TheFighter is more concerned with trying to lie and spin things to make sony look bad then facts. Denial of service attacks have ZERo to do with security, it is externa; traffic overloading servers. Like a traffic jam thats it.

You don't really need to overload their servers, again it can be done without ever accessing their servers. You are right about overloading trafic but they don't do it to the servers themselves, instead they find where the servers connect to and they overload those connection points with traffic.

Obviously, I said servers as I doidnt see the need to explain it down to the detail. They basically cause a digital traffic jam.

Always thought they were people who got fired and wanted revenge....
Guess movies got the best of me.
Just random people who're looking for attention.

As long as this is fixed before September 9, 2014, all is well (at least since I don't have my PS4 yet).

Honestly i feel betwen a little glad and piss off. For almost 5 months in row every night i played FFXIV on my ps4... But tonight i played P.T. , Tlour and MK8 on my WiiU. I hope sony fixing this thing ASAP.

Around the Network

These are stupid misguided people. They don't know how to forward their own motives.

DD_Bwest said:
they want attention.. is there any group on the internet that becomes more vocal than pissed off gamers?

westboro baptist church.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

DD_Bwest said:
they want attention.. is there any group on the internet that becomes more vocal than pissed off gamers?

SJW's and White Knights, apparently ;)

joeorc said:
Jimbo1337 said:
Well when Sony got hacked back in 2011, the hackers were actually fighting for the gamers. Unfortunately for the gamers, the only way they could do that was to take down PSN.

No..No..No, fighting for the Gamer's is going to court and fighting for regulation on security measures all companies must follow, if hackers show they can go past your security its one thing but to do so where it can cause undo harm not only to the corp. but also the people you 
"claim" you are fighting for is another thing.

Its pure Hubris, Arrogance to say hey this or that company are not protecting your data very well, but break into the data center because you can, if you are really trying to really help the Consumer you go to regulation Body Taking the law into your own hands is not only wrong, but breking in to something that does not belong to you than making off with the statement i was "doing it for the consumer" shows that they have a disreguard for property, imagine no computer's, no freaking cellphones or tv's or any d@mn electronics to Hack, where would the skill set put them?

if your going to help there is more prudent way's in doing so, but than Sony would not learn the lesson right?

No freaking digital security is never going to be enough! no ammount of money or manpower is going to stop tallented people that are trying to direct hack you to stop them if they can get past a security measure, but here is the thing if they can get past it, was it ever going to be good enough anyway?

or would that be Hubris to claim since i was the first to do it, i was only going to be the only one to figure it out.

it's one thing if you want to help its another to say you want to help but really Hinder claiming i did it to make a point. its sorta like you have the right to be an @ss hole, but do you have the be the entire @ss while you are at it?

I stopped reading after the first paragraph because you CLEARLY showed that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why Anonymous hacked Sony in the first place.  If you can tell me why they hacked them, I think you will understand the point that I was trying to make.  In case you didn't know, the hackers back in 2011 called themselves "Anonymous".  

Hacking into Sony to show how weak their security is does not help the consumer.  I completely agree with you.  Even though I got a PS3 before any of you guys on here, I still feel that those hackers, back in 2011, were justified in a way.  

PullusPardus said:
Hackers are gamers too, gamers are immature, hackers are immature too. So two immature entities collide creates a buzz on the Internet and garners negative attention. Negative attention is just as good if not better than positive attention it gets people like you and metalking
Thi

This is quite possibly the best response so far, kind of makes sense!