By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN suffering widespread issues as a result of DDOS attack - Service slowly returning to normal

tinfamous12 said:
I swear Sony has the cheapest security infrastructure of all time

DDoS = Security ??

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Hmmm...worked fine for me today.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Aura7541 said:

Jeez, some people just don't understand the difference between hacking and DDos attacks. Last time I checked, overloading servers with a ton of traffic isn't hacking. The definition of hacking is bypassing security, breaking into someone's computer or device, and being able to modify/manipulate the device, usually for malicious purposes. You do not bypass security in a DDos attack nor do you break into someone's device during the process, thus being unable to modify/manipulate it. You merely overload the servers, computer, or whatever to the point they shut or significantly slow down.

The fighter is trying to spin it is security to make PSn look bad, yet LIVE is also down now.

Are we on the point we start blaming Sony for beeing the Victim of cyber terrorism yet ?

DakonBlackblade said:
Are we on the point we start blaming Sony for beeing the Victim of cyber terrorism yet ?

There are some users certainly doing that, yes. 

Around the Network
IamPizzaGod said:
Aura7541 said:

Jeez, some people just don't understand the difference between hacking and DDos attacks. Last time I checked, overloading servers with a ton of traffic isn't hacking. The definition of hacking is bypassing security, breaking into someone's computer or device, and being able to modify/manipulate the device, usually for malicious purposes. You do not bypass security in a DDos attack nor do you break into someone's device during the process, thus being unable to modify/manipulate it. You merely overload the servers, computer, or whatever to the point they shut or significantly slow down.

The fighter is trying to spin it is security to make PSn look bad, yet LIVE is also down now.

The same group of retards has been DDosing veryone this week, they are now on Ms and Live has shut down cause of it. They also attacked the Wildstar servers, Blizzards WoW servers and a bunch of other things. We should be blaming the retards doing this not Sony or Ms or anyone else.

Hynad said:
DakonBlackblade said:

There are some users certainly doing that, yes. 

Failing quite amazingly at it at the same time I must say. Generated many LoLs all "TheDrill" and meme worthy

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

DakonBlackblade said:

Yep and it's beyond pathetic.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Brian is that you??