By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN suffering widespread issues as a result of DDOS attack - Service slowly returning to normal

gooch_destroyer said:

"Jailbreaks can access hidden and prohibited content now. Memory dumping can reveal the hidden servers which personal and main information is stored. Simple hex converting and decryption lead to a full DDoS on playstations main server data center. Please understand, I am here to show, that you as a corperate company are vulnerable. Sony You just launched a new system on a new network but it all leads to the same server. How more vulnerable could you make your network?"

wonder if he did extract personal info

Around the Network

FamedGod is a troll. He did not do anything.

Raziel123 said:
fighter said:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/24/sony_denies_playstation_network_wobbles_despite_gamer_gripes/

It seems they tried to deny PSN was down until it was too obvious

"We are aware that some users are experiencing difficulty enjoying the PSN. We have confirmed the PSN is stable. If you are having trouble, we encourage you to contact your internet service provider."

I hope for their sake that this time they will announce the eventual leak of personal data before it becomes too obvious

No. That "update" is from last week when some people with specific ISPs were having issues with PSN and the problem was indeed with ISPs, not PSN. It was dated 15th August, which is when that happened. I'm not surprised that forum goers can't read but journalists really should...know how to read.

They only later changed the page to reflect today's situation and they never denied anything.

you think they had that message for 10 days online ? that makes no sense

It is the status "online" that was updated on the 15th of august :

The company continues to claim its current network status is "online". However, the page also states it was last updated on 15 August.

gooch_destroyer said:

Click play for Microsoft Sam.

Was not disappointed.

fighter said:

The company continues to claim its current network status is "online". However, the page also states it was last updated on 15 August.

Yes they did have it there for 10 days. I saw it myself.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
fighter said:

i call bs - find me another big company displaying such a message for 10 days and i will believe you

Oh look the ol bandwagon is here trying to get some kicks in..

fighter said:
Raziel123 said:
fighter said:

i call bs - find me another big company displaying such a message for 10 days and i will believe you

I can second that it did have it there. I don't know what your problem is, they've changed it now.

fighter said:

Why not? It was an issue with ISPs. Sony had nothing to fix, therefore they left the warning there in case problems with ISPs persisted.

sully1311 said:
fighter said:
Raziel123 said:

I can second that it did have it there. I don't know what your problem is, they've changed it now.

send me a pic of your history log accesing that page within the hour then - should be easy no ?