By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft Most Underrated Franchise? (1st Party Only+1 Answer Each)

Farsala said:
Keegs79 said:

I think its surprising people listed Infamous, Pokemon, God of War, Gears of War, and a few other titles. Those titles are the pinnacle of hype. Games like Sly Cooper, Alan Wake, Tomba, Golden Sun, and many others I agree with.

The Infamous franchise isnt a high seller or critically acclaimed. Whilst the others are. Thus I think it is underrated.

Infamous 2 probably sold the same as Alan wake and had the same meta.

Its hard to agree when it has been touted the first real exclusive AAA title worth owning the PS4. It was literally hyped all the way to its release. It was talked about a lot as being a show piece for what the PS4 can do.

Around the Network

F-Zero is really underrated in my opinion. It offers a very different, but equally satisfying racing experience than Mario Kart.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Sony: Sly Cooper or Starhawk
MS: Viva Pinata
Nintendo: Earthbound (People praise it, but it's still just a vocal minority)

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW

Sony - ?
Microsoft - Banjo Kazooie (Underrated by Microsoft)
Nintendo - Advance Wars

Idk about Microsoft or Sony but fire emblem is super underrated in my opinion, for a fairly well known franchise its sales are awful.

Around the Network

Microsoft - Konkers (since rare got sold)
Nintendo - Kid Icarus
Sony - The Legend of Dragoon

WhiteEaglePL said:
Sony : Sly Cooper

MS:.......I.......actually don't know a 1st party other than Halo but Halo anyway because it needs a Collection to help bring in new fans since the series is dying. :P

Nintendo: Pikmin - WHY YOU NOT SELL AS MUCH AS YOU SHOULD! :(

Funniest thing I've read on here in a good minute  

Anyway: 

Sony: Sly Cooper

Nintendo: Fire Emblem

MS: Perfect Dark

Pikmin, Metroid and Fire Emblem, especially the second one, are masterpieces, yet they sell like crap.

Microsoft has dropped Age of Empires into the dust for the last ten years. Online is crap, II HD is full of bugs and now that Castle of Siege... what have you done with the series, Microsoft? You are just killing my childhood and the potential of the franchise.

Sly Cooper is really underrated for me, it really has good humor and it's actually kinda fun. Not the best platoformer, but the whole package of the series is really good.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Keegs79 said:
Farsala said:
Keegs79 said:

I think its surprising people listed Infamous, Pokemon, God of War, Gears of War, and a few other titles. Those titles are the pinnacle of hype. Games like Sly Cooper, Alan Wake, Tomba, Golden Sun, and many others I agree with.

The Infamous franchise isnt a high seller or critically acclaimed. Whilst the others are. Thus I think it is underrated.

Infamous 2 probably sold the same as Alan wake and had the same meta.

Its hard to agree when it has been touted the first real exclusive AAA title worth owning the PS4. It was literally hyped all the way to its release. It was talked about a lot as being a show piece for what the PS4 can do.

Hyped as Sunset Overdrive is hyped. Which imo will not sell as much as it deserves.

But really the main issue from me was that you grouped Infamous with God of war (5m seller 90s  meta usually), Pokemon (10m seller high 80s meta usually), Gears of war (5m seller 90s meta usually). Infamous isn't even close unfortunately.

Do second parties count???
If so, Nintendo's most underrated franchise is Art Style...
If they don't count, I would probably go with F-Zero or Star Tropics...

Have a nice day...