By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Was the Greatest Year In Gaming?

What Was the Greatest Year In Gaming?

1994 7 3.85%

1996 8 4.40%

1997 13 7.14%

1998 57 31.32%

2004 15 8.24%

2007 27 14.84%

2011 23 12.64%

Other 32 17.58%

Total:182

great year to be a Nintendo/PC gamer.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Yeah, put me in for the 1998 camp too. Such an epic year for video games.

Little Big Adventure, Super Metroid, Killer Instinct, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Final Fantasy VI, Donkey Kong Country, Doom II, Jagged Alliance, Ultima VIII, X-COM: UFO Defense, Sonic 3, Jazz Jackrabbit.

Among others.

T'was a good year.

I'm way too young (20) to give an unbaised opinion on this.

But I will recently 2007 has been my favorite.

Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Guitar Hero 3 still remain among my favorite games.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

2007 for me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

1998 --

Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Half-Life and many others.

'94, '96 and '97 are pretty boss too.

Greatest year in gaming is now. Super Smash Bros, Devil's Third, Bayonetta 2......

PigPen said:
Greatest year in gaming is now. Super Smash Bros, Devil's Third, Bayonetta 2......

Yup its an awesome time to be a Nintendo fan! Next year will be so good as well with Zelda U and Yoshi's Woolly world... Can't wait!  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Its 2004 thats one of gamings greatest years it gave the world classics like

Metal Gear solid 3

World of warcraft

Half life 2

Halo 2

GTA: san andreas

Paper mario the thousand year door

Ninja gaiden

Katamari Damacy

And many more seriously it was a great year

for me it was 1996 through 2000 just the best era of gaming the best platformers of all time (n64 specifically) even compared to todays games the best rpg's FF7,8,9 chrono cross twisted metal was awesome back then mario kart spyro crash bandicoot syphon filter tony hawk resident evil (even though i didn't like them (camera angles lol) but it just seems games and life in general was better then. Prices were reasonable so you could accumulate massive collections 200$ n64 40$ ps1 games. Just an amazing era that kicked off 3d gaming (i know the 3do and jaguar came like 3 years sooner but no good games) #miss the nineties :(