By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have interest in/like ANY nintendo game?

ninjaman003 said:
NightDragon83 said:
I honestly don't care for Nintendo games these days, because it's all the same. The last Nintendo titles I thoroughly enjoyed were Galaxy 1 & 2 and Prime 3 on Wii... nothing on Wii U matches the quality of those titles.

Just curious, have you actually played Wii U games or are you going off appearance/ratings or something?

Yep, I've played several so far at both my cousin's and a friend's place who both own Wii U's, and I nearly picked one up both this past holiday season and when the MK8 bundle came out, but thankfully my better judgement prevailed.

So far I've played NSMBU, which is basically just an HD version of NSMBWii. Nintendo Land which I have to say is just terrible IMO and has no lasting value.  ZombiU which was OK but ultimately forgettable.  Lego City which was pretty fun and deserves a sequel, Wonderful 101 which, while really cool looking with the style and all, just isn't my cup of tea.  SM3D World... initially I was a little excited about this game, but after playing it it's just meh for me.  It's basically the NSMB gameplay in pseudo-3D (as was 3D Land on 3DS).  And then of course MK8 which I nearly bought a Wii U for because I was hyped for it, but after playing it I came away disappointed (I guess MK is finally losing its luster for me), and the gimped battle mode is just unforgiveable.

And there really isn't anything on the horizon that I'm excited about... not interested in Hyrule Warriors, and I have strong reservations about the next SSB games because Brawl was one of the biggest disappointments last gen for me, and the new one doesn't look like it brings anything different to the table other than more obscure Nintendo characters, items and themes.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Good point, when Gamecube was arround I ignored Pikmin because it looked silly. I eventually gave it a shot and it's one of my favorite games ever made. Who'd think I'd love a game about throwing essentially ants at birds and spiders?

Nowadays I'm not as hyped about Nintendo as I used to be, but some of their exclusives really are the best of the best. I'm bought my WiiU for what will most likely be the best JRPG this gen (XenoBlade Chronicles X).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

RenCutypoison said:
The only games i choose nintendo consoles for are J-RPGs so OP post is pretty much irrelevant for me.

That makes wii u irrelevant to me too though.

So you're just going to pretend that XenoBlade Chronicles X and SMT x Fire Emblem don't exist?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Xenoblade, and Smash. Let alone Mario Kart, Splatoon, Star Fox, and Fatal Frame (though I do know unless you live in Japan you aren't getting much FF love hopefully that will change). These games alone make Wii U a must have. Bayo and 2, Devil's Third, Wonderful 101, and Zombie U are just some f'ing tasty icing on the cake.

ninjaman003 said:
ps4tw said:

Congratulations on making shit up. Where did I say a game is only good if it has good graphics? Come back when you want to talk about what I actually wrote. 

Excuse me, the console has worse graphics. What a difference. I don't understand how people buy a console for something other than games. You said games are more refined on ps4/xb1. There is really nothing else that could have meant.

Refined, as in technically, therefore they will look better in the coming months and years. That should have been obvious with the following words in that sentence.

And yes, actually the difference in graphics between the WiiU and PS4 is staggering, so much so that on screenshot comparison it would be easy to say the WiiU was part of last gen, which brings me back to the point of "value for money". Paying for yesterdays technology isn't a good deal and that's why many people won't buy into the WiiU. 

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
RenCutypoison said:
The only games i choose nintendo consoles for are J-RPGs so OP post is pretty much irrelevant for me.

That makes wii u irrelevant to me too though.

So you're just going to pretend that XenoBlade Chronicles X and SMT x Fire Emblem don't exist?

Yes he is, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Though I do know it's kind of it's own.... Monster. BWAHAHAHAHA!

bigtakilla said:
Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Xenoblade, and Smash. Let alone Mario Kart, Splatoon, Star Fox, and Fatal Frame (though I do know unless you live in Japan you aren't getting much FF love hopefully that will change). These games alone make Wii U a must have. Bayo and 2, Devil's Third, Wonderful 101, and Zombie U are just some f'ing tasty icing on the cake.

See the problem there? Unless you are into Nintendo or Japanese games, the console offers nothing. Most gamers aren't into either. 

NightDragon83 said:
ninjaman003 said:
NightDragon83 said:
I honestly don't care for Nintendo games these days, because it's all the same. The last Nintendo titles I thoroughly enjoyed were Galaxy 1 & 2 and Prime 3 on Wii... nothing on Wii U matches the quality of those titles.

Just curious, have you actually played Wii U games or are you going off appearance/ratings or something?

Yep, I've played several so far at both my cousin's and a friend's place who both own Wii U's, and I nearly picked one up both this past holiday season and when the MK8 bundle came out, but thankfully my better judgement prevailed.

So far I've played NSMBU, which is basically just an HD version of NSMBWii. Nintendo Land which I have to say is just terrible IMO and has no lasting value.  ZombiU which was OK but ultimately forgettable.  Lego City which was pretty fun and deserves a sequel, Wonderful 101 which, while really cool looking with the style and all, just isn't my cup of tea.  SM3D World... initially I was a little excited about this game, but after playing it it's just meh for me.  It's basically the NSMB gameplay in pseudo-3D (as was 3D Land on 3DS).  And then of course MK8 which I nearly bought a Wii U for because I was hyped for it, but after playing it I came away disappointed (I guess MK is finally losing its luster for me), and the gimped battle mode is just unforgiveable.

And there really isn't anything on the horizon that I'm excited about... not interested in Hyrule Warriors, and I have strong reservations about the next SSB games because Brawl was one of the biggest disappointments last gen for me, and the new one doesn't look like it brings anything different to the table other than more obscure Nintendo characters, items and themes.

You aren't interested in star fox, splatoon, or zelda. different strokes for different folks, I guess.

ps4tw said:
ninjaman003 said:
ps4tw said:

Congratulations on making shit up. Where did I say a game is only good if it has good graphics? Come back when you want to talk about what I actually wrote. 

Excuse me, the console has worse graphics. What a difference. I don't understand how people buy a console for something other than games. You said games are more refined on ps4/xb1. There is really nothing else that could have meant.

Refined, as in technically, therefore they will look better in the coming months and years. That should have been obvious with the following words in that sentence.

And yes, actually the difference in graphics between the WiiU and PS4 is staggering, so much so that on screenshot comparison it would be easy to say the WiiU was part of last gen, which brings me back to the point of "value for money". Paying for yesterdays technology isn't a good deal and that's why many people won't buy into the WiiU. 

So you just said that no, I don't only like games for graphics retard, and then said xb1/ps4 is better because of the graphics. You can buy a console for the graphics and not even consider the games, but that's just foolish to me.

ps4tw said:
bigtakilla said:

See the problem there? Unless you are into Nintendo or Japanese games, the console offers nothing. Most gamers aren't into either. 

Read thread topic again.