By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have interest in/like ANY nintendo game?

Mensrea said:

I'm done. I'm so done. I'm done done done done done. 

Told you

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
PigPen said:
Yea, I like Nintendo games. I always end up with more games from Nintendo then any other publisher. In my opinion, their games are better then 80 percent of third parties (I'm being a little generous). And they are better then sony's.

there bolded "in my opinion "so there's no mistake

Everyone in this thread can read.  Was that really necessary.

PigPen said:
mjk45 said:
PigPen said:
Yea, I like Nintendo games. I always end up with more games from Nintendo then any other publisher. In my opinion, their games are better then 80 percent of third parties (I'm being a little generous). And they are better then sony's.

there bolded "in my opinion "so there's no mistake

Everyone in this thread can read.  Was that really necessary.

Read? yes. As for the cognitive function part... that depends.

ps4tw said:

Whats sad is someone your age acting the way you are when I'm guessing your current situation in life clearly shows you ain't got your shit together. Amirite? Sure am bro

I could almost see the self high five over the internet, lol.

prayformojo said:

For me, it was the copy and paste, FPS, murder sim games that drove me back to Nintendo. I can't tell you how utterly burnt out I am with "M" games. It seems like it's the same thing.

I have always liked Playstation, and still do. Xbox was good from 2001-2008ish as well. I enjoyed GTA, MGS,Halo,Gears,God of War,Infamous hell, even a little COD back in the day. I got a PS4 at launch and was going to go with Sony this gen until I saw the Order which was a game I had heard about and was interested in until I saw the trailer. Once again, *sigh*, another freakin' game where you hunt shit down and shoot them with guns etc. Another dark, gritty, Devil May Cry type of game with guns and murder bla bla bla. Yeah, it may be GREAT. But that was enough for me. After 15 years of the same shit, I decided to just sell the thing and get a Wii-U.

Immediately, the freshness was there again. The tablet controller, Miiverse, games like Pushimo and Pikmin 3? Where the hell can you get those experiences from? Tomadachi Life? Really? It's all so fresh and different.

I have had a Wii-U now for a few months and haven't regretted it one bit. The other two companies have good games, but it's all just one serious, dark, murder/gun game after another. If you don't believe me, look at 2013/2014 biggest games for PS4/Xbone, remove any games with shooting or killing and get back to me on how many are left.

Agreed

Around the Network

As a Sony fan I'd love to experience X & Zelda U.

ninjaman003 said:
NightDragon83 said:
ninjaman003 said:
NightDragon83 said:
I honestly don't care for Nintendo games these days, because it's all the same. The last Nintendo titles I thoroughly enjoyed were Galaxy 1 & 2 and Prime 3 on Wii... nothing on Wii U matches the quality of those titles.

Just curious, have you actually played Wii U games or are you going off appearance/ratings or something?

Yep, I've played several so far at both my cousin's and a friend's place who both own Wii U's, and I nearly picked one up both this past holiday season and when the MK8 bundle came out, but thankfully my better judgement prevailed.

So far I've played NSMBU, which is basically just an HD version of NSMBWii. Nintendo Land which I have to say is just terrible IMO and has no lasting value.  ZombiU which was OK but ultimately forgettable.  Lego City which was pretty fun and deserves a sequel, Wonderful 101 which, while really cool looking with the style and all, just isn't my cup of tea.  SM3D World... initially I was a little excited about this game, but after playing it it's just meh for me.  It's basically the NSMB gameplay in pseudo-3D (as was 3D Land on 3DS).  And then of course MK8 which I nearly bought a Wii U for because I was hyped for it, but after playing it I came away disappointed (I guess MK is finally losing its luster for me), and the gimped battle mode is just unforgiveable.

And there really isn't anything on the horizon that I'm excited about... not interested in Hyrule Warriors, and I have strong reservations about the next SSB games because Brawl was one of the biggest disappointments last gen for me, and the new one doesn't look like it brings anything different to the table other than more obscure Nintendo characters, items and themes.

You aren't interested in star fox, splatoon, or zelda. different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Splatoon looks like fun, but it's not going to make me run out and buy a Wii U...  it would be an XBLA/PSN game if it were on either the X1 or PS4.  And honestly, after the the disappointment from last few installments of both StarFox and Zelda (especially Zelda... haven't thoroughly enjoyed a game in that series since Wind Waker / Minish Cap), I have to see them and play them for myself first to believe them.  A behind-closed-doors pre-alpha tech demo and a pretty teaser trailer (didn't we see one of those way back at E3 2011?) aren't nearly enough to get me excited for either of these games.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

prayformojo said:

For me, it was the copy and paste, FPS, murder sim games that drove me back to Nintendo. I can't tell you how utterly burnt out I am with "M" games. It seems like it's the same thing.

Murder sim? I assume you mean violence in video games. Its okay, its all fiction at the end of the day. Most games have violence in them.. Even more lighthearted ones and Nintendo titles aren't exempt from that; Mario, Zelda, Metroid you stomp, shoot and slash your way to your objective. Also I'm strugging to understand what you mean by all M rated games being all the same thing.. What are we talking about genres, game types?

I have always liked Playstation, and still do. Xbox was good from 2001-2008ish as well. I enjoyed GTA, MGS,Halo,Gears,God of War,Infamous hell, even a little COD back in the day. I got a PS4 at launch and was going to go with Sony this gen until I saw the Order which was a game I had heard about and was interested in until I saw the trailer. Once again, *sigh*, another freakin' game where you hunt shit down and shoot them with guns etc. Another dark, gritty, Devil May Cry type of game with guns and murder bla bla bla. Yeah, it may be GREAT. But that was enough for me. After 15 years of the same shit, I decided to just sell the thing and get a Wii-U.

So you got a new console and there's not so much choice for content on it. That should be expected. What games came out in the first year on the Wii U exactly? As for the fews sentences.. thats quite ironic considering Bayonetta 2 is releasing on Wii U at the end of this year - a game produced by Hideki Kamiya and his team, the same guy responsible for Devil May Cry 1. Bayonetta; a game where where you play as a witch, and 'murder' angels.

Immediately, the freshness was there again. The tablet controller, Miiverse, games like Pushimo and Pikmin 3? Where the hell can you get those experiences from? Tomadachi Life? Really? It's all so fresh and different.

Pikmin 3 refreshing? Uh, not played any of the Gamecube games then.

I have had a Wii-U now for a few months and haven't regretted it one bit. The other two companies have good games, but it's all just one serious, dark, murder/gun game after another. If you don't believe me, look at 2013/2014 biggest games for PS4/Xbone, remove any games with shooting or killing and get back to me on how many are left.

Again, you're comparing a console with an extra year on the market to the other two. Of course its going to have more of a greater selection of games. Rolling into next year, we should see much bigger diversity of titles from most major publishers. And no, irrespective of what you think.. they aren't ALL going to be dark, gritty "murder sim games".

Reply as bolded above.

ninjaman003 said:
Mensrea said:

I'm done. I'm so done. I'm done done done done done. 

Told you

You were right, I should have listened.

Michael-5 said:
RenCutypoison said:
The only games i choose nintendo consoles for are J-RPGs so OP post is pretty much irrelevant for me.

That makes wii u irrelevant to me too though.

So you're just going to pretend that XenoBlade Chronicles X and SMT x Fire Emblem don't exist?

Not enough. 3DS is way more interesting right now. Theatrythm, Fire Emblem, SMT 4, FF explorers, Bravely default +second, ...

It's just 2 games, not enough to justify a console.