By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it turns out the PS4 does have software authentication...

Zackasaurus-rex said:

1. That's not DRM. That's just software compatibility.

2. The DualShock 4 is the best controller ever made, by a very long shot.

I think that people exxagerate how good the ds4 is because they are comparing it to the ds3. Compared to that it looks brilliant, but it is still inferior to pretty much any xbox controller besides maybe the duke. It also has way to many useless gimmicks taking up space for no reason. The 360 controller is a marvel of elegant design. Nothing more and nothing less than what is necessary. 

Around the Network
wilco said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:

1. That's not DRM. That's just software compatibility.

2. The DualShock 4 is the best controller ever made, by a very long shot.

I think that people exxagerate how good the ds4 is because they are comparing it to the ds3. Compared to that it looks brilliant, but it is still inferior to pretty much any xbox controller besides maybe the duke. It also has way to many useless gimmicks taking up space for no reason. The 360 controller is a marvel of elegant design. Nothing more and nothing less than what is necessary. 

To me, DS4 is miles better than X360 controller, and the 2 main reasons are that I can use any headset with it, instead of buying a proprietary MS one; and of course that I can charge it using an ordinary USB cable, instead of spending $20+ on rechargable batteries and charger.

Goatseye said:
Just buy the X1 my G. No DRM for the best controller ever made series plus perfected.

When gears 4 comes out I may end up owning both consoles, but right now I just can't justify buying an xbox one over a ps4 when they are both the same price yet one is more powerful.

I find it funny that people feel the need to downplay a controller because someone else actually has their own opinion and prefers it.

My OPINION is that the DS4 is superior to the 360 controller, and the 360 controller is superior to the Xbox One controller. But, again, that's my opinion.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
I find it funny that people feel the need to downplay a controller because someone else actually has their own opinion and prefers it.

I agree 100%.

That reach...I'm guessing you didn't look up what DRM is before you posted? Also, DS4 is the best controller made to date.

Thanks jlmurph!

Just buy a third party psJust buy a ps4 3rd party controller or dissassemble a ds4 and use it's board into a x1 controller, presto.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jnemesh said:
My OPINION is that the DS4 is superior to the 360 controller, and the 360 controller is superior to the Xbox One controller. But, again, that's my opinion.

If you ever decided you wanted an xbox one, both of those options would be available to you using the chronus max. You could even hook up a keyboard and mouse. 

All I want is for PS4 to remove the controller "DRM" so that I can have those same options on the system.

For some reason......I ALWAYS feel awkward holid ps3/4 controllers.

MS , NIntendo ones? As if normal.