By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Wii U is a better secondary console than the X1/PS4"

X1 and PS4 get mostly the same games and even their exclusives are quite similar. The Wii U will get lots of great Nintendo games. Of course, if nintendo games don't interest you, then there's no point in getting the Wii U.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

There is no "better" choice, just buy the one you like the most as your secondary console.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

DerNebel said:
Michael-5 said:
DerNebel said:

A comment I read quite a lot on the internet and I'd like someone to explain it to me, why does it make more sense for someone that already owns a PS4/X1 to buy a Wii U instead of a X1/PS4. Please keep in mind that I'm talking about the whole generation not just right now. Why will in let's 4-5 years the Wii U be a better secondary system than the others?

Why......why would it make more sense in the future and less sense now?

WiiU already has a good library of games, where PS4 and XB1 are still building one. Buying a WiiU as either a primary/secondary console now makes the most sense because you actually have something to play while you wait for PS4/XB1 to get some games.

In the long term, as a secondary console WiiU will probably still be the better choice since almost all of the highly rated games will be exclusive, but right now makes the most sense.

------

e.g. The first worthwhile game to own a PS4/XB1 for (which isn't available on PS3/360) is probably Batman Arkham Knight, or maybe The Order:1886. These games aren't even out yet. Meanwhile on WiiU there are already half a dozen 9/10 games of all genres (Racing - Mario Kart, Platformer - DKC & Mario, Action/Miscellaneous - Pikmin 3/W101/Hyrule Warriors/Bayonetta 2, etc)

You pretty much explained yourself why the choice of an X1 or PS4 as a secondary system will make more sense in the future, the games will be there in 4-5 years, every system will have build a respectable library of exclusive titles (or titles you can't play on the other 2 systems) that is probably comparable in size.

I added the 4-5 years part to avoid comments like yours, I don't care about what makes more sense right now, the majority of the market hasn't even bought their first next gen system, so they won't really think of what their secondary system will be.

Also regarding the bolded, that is you assuming that the Wii U will have more worthwile exclusive at the end of the gen, which I quite frankly do not see that way.

All 
this boils down to what exclusives you find worthwile.

I have a PS4, so I cannot talk for XB1 owners, however, I see the Wii U as more complementary as a gaming device since the library is almost completely different than the one that's offered by the XB1 (compared to the PS4).

So if I was to get an XB1, I would get:

- A weaker system that plays the same AAA games (from third party) mostly at lower resolution/frame rate (or some other downgrade).

- A similar set of exclusive titles (the big ones target the same demographic)... however they would not be the Sony excluaives, which are more varied compared to the games MS seems to be interested in (Gears/Halo/Quantum Break/Titanfall all look more or less the same... if you don't want guns, you can get cars with Forza).

- There are much less games coming out on the XB1 compared to the PS4

Now the Wii U at least offers the Nintendo exclusives, which are their own thing.

Because I want around 20 Nintendo games with my PS4 tastes. While I only want one on Xbox. $400 is not worth for one series. So Nintendo usually is the better choice for secondary.

Around the Network

Well like others have said because PS/Xbox share almost the same library and the exclusives are more similar to each other. With Wii U, not only is it cheaper but the exclusive titles are quite a bit different than what u find on the others.

With that said if Halo, Gears, Forza, etc. are more appealing to u than Mario, Zelda, Smash, etc. then get a X1 over Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

because Wii U has unique software you cant find anywhere else.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

PC and Wii U
is the way to go

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Michael-5 said:
DerNebel said:
NiKKoM said:
pretty easy... you don't pay for online multiplayer... would you really pay twice for online multiplayer?

That is no reason. You can easily concentrate your online gaming on one console and have the other for the offline exclusives.

Exactly, concentrate your online gaming on the WiiU for free, save $50-$60 a year and then in 5 years get the 3rd system with the money you save

I really really doubt if the WiiU is the best system for online gaming. No offense.

toot1231 said:
PC and Wii U
is the way to go

PC, WiiU and PS4

you will never find the best Sony exclusives on a PC...ever.

you might be lucky with Xbox one exclusives though, especially this gen.

Well, we already know about the WiiU if that is your cup of tea.