By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quinnspiracy : TotalBiscuit's only mistake was talking about it

Do you support TB ?

Yes 113 84.96%

No 20 15.04%

Total:133
Dadrik said:
Zoey Quinn is the worst thing that happenned to the indie industry in a long time.

She's a horrible person. And whenever someone proves it, she labels it as "harassment" or "sexism".
It's just ridiculous.

I don't understand how so many people could be backing her...

You forgot Phil Fish. And he's also backing her, indie developers are like cancer to the industry.

Around the Network

TB is spot on and he does take pains to express this incident may or may not be true.

She and that band of hack journalist are the cancer killing video games, funny enough she ruined an effort by women to make games for charity

Rafux said:

She and that band of hack journalist are the cancer killing video games, funny enough she ruined an effort by women to make games for charity

This whole story seriously pisses me off. Just because she's a woman, she HAS to be the one telling the truth, according to a lot of people (way too much people if you ask me), while she's the one to blame. Awful. Just awful.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

KylieDog said:
fighter said:

most journalists are critics - so i guess you just dislike the guy

No.  Please educate yourself.

I studied journalism so yeah, i know what i am talking about.

Of course you are unable to provide any evidence as to why TB wouldn't be a journalist - he is probably the best journalist in the gaming industry, with enough subscribers on his personal channel to make any other media outlet blush and one of the very few who is able and willing to criticize the industry itself

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
fighter said:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s4nmr1/

TotalBiscuit is being attacked for his comment on the quinnspiracy affair (link above), without any precision as to why it was wrong for him to make one or as to what part of it was wrong.

Please give it a read and show some support. TotalBiscuit is one of the best journalists out there and deserves support for making sense in the "quinnspiracy" shitstorm

I don't follow him as much as I should. last I heared he had cancer, know if he's doing better?

he is still not out of it but now he is more willing to recover than ever, in his own words :

"To the tiny, tiny few that genuinely wish cancer on another person, I gotta admit, I'm giggling in anticipation of rubbing it in their face once I kick the shit out of this thing. I'm many things, I'm very flawed and I want to be better. But I'm also a stubborn piece of shit and that will never change. This life is too good to give up, so I put my faith in modern medical technology and my own refusal to give an inch. I'm the sort of bastard that will beat this just to spite people and I will apologise for many things, but never that."

fighter said:

he is still not out of it but now he is more willing to recover than ever, in his own words :

"To the tiny, tiny few that genuinely wish cancer on another person, I gotta admit, I'm giggling in anticipation of rubbing it in their face once I kick the shit out of this thing. I'm many things, I'm very flawed and I want to be better. But I'm also a stubborn piece of shit and that will never change. This life is too good to give up, so I put my faith in modern medical technology and my own refusal to give an inch. I'm the sort of bastard that will beat this just to spite people and I will apologise for many things, but never that."

That's kinda why I love/hate this guy. Sometimes, he can be the most arrogant and irritating person you ever heard. But yet, when he says things like this, I can't help but admire him.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Dadrik said:
fighter said:

That's kinda why I love/hate this guy. Sometimes, he can be the most arrogant and irritating person you ever heard. But yet, when he says things like this, I can't help but admire him.

i feel the same lol, and i guess that's the beauty of it, he is genuine unlike 99% of those industry reporters

TB pretty much said what I said in the other thread, that there is corruption in the developer/media relationship, and that the whole Zoe persecution is totally out of proportion all because it involves sex.

If she bought positive press with sex, then that's bad. But if someone paid for sex by giving positive press then that's actually worse. but 99% of the criticism is aimed at Zoe.

TB seems to have struck the right balance though. He is critical of the censorship of opinion by the misuse of copyright claims, and if that's Zoe then it's wrong and, take note, it has nothing to do with her having sex with anyone. It's the misuse of copyright TB is criticising here. And equally, if not more importantly, he ONLY calls out the writers who may have given her good press for sexual favours and calls them idiots. TB does not pass judgement on Zoe for:

1) having sex with people and getting good press (allegedly) in return; or
2) cheating on her boyfriend

His sole criticism of the alleged sex for press is " If outlets did provide her favourable coverage because she had intimate relations with some of the writers, they're goddamn idiots for doing it, why the hell would you compromise the trust of your readers for that?"

And that is the appropriate response to this. All the moral outrage over Zoe's sex life is disgusting, probably hypocritical on the part of many, and possibly sexists. Which is ironic given the comparison that was made in the OP of the other thread.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I still do not get if the developer betrayed his boyfriend with 5 men, one at a time, or in some kind of crazy nerd orgy.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.