By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 now highest selling single SKU game 2014!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

I meant first week sales on PS4. And Minecraft? Really? If you like it that way Flapy Bird on IOS and Android outsold Minecraft. 

And plenty of other free apps have out-downloaded even Flappy bird, but this is a thread about SALES, not ad supported freeware.

The hint is in the words, to have outsold something, it actually has to have been sold, otherwise it's as irrelevant and useless as saying "I can outrun usain bolt" just before climbing on to a superbike and speeding off to go "prove it".

Around the Network

Come on guys, the Wii U has been out 2 years, the PS4 has been out less than 1 freaking year. Of course any AAA exclusive will sell more on the Wii U. Do you think Zelda or any other game will stand up to behemoths like Uncharted 4?

reggin_bolas said:
Come on guys, the Wii U has been out 2 years, the PS4 has been out less than 1 freaking year. Of course any AAA exclusive will sell more on the Wii U. Do you think Zelda or any other game will stand up to behemoths like Uncharted 4?

Uhhhh.... Pokemon Z? (you never said it had to be on WiiU)

DarkRPGamer007 said:

Mario Kart 8 now highest selling SKU 2014!

Even beating inFamous and Titanfall SKU which came out quite a significant time before it

Fixed!

WatchDogs 5.3m

TitanFall 2.8m (might outsell that one eventually though)

CoD Ghosts 3.6m

jlmurph2 said:
vivster said:
The big question now is how many weeks will it take Destiny to be on top?
1 or 2?

Combined? 1

Per platform?? Still 1

You win this thread

MK8 will probably have the dubious honour of having the highest attach rate of the generation possibly only to be beaten by SSB.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Jranation said:

Teeqoz said:

When a new IP massively outsells (on one platform even) the largest established of Nintendo, then I'll qualify that as putting MK to shame. What about you?

Also, MK won't reach destiny (PS4) by the end of the year...

10mil vs 7mil hardware 

And? it's Nintys largest IP versus a new IP.

More people will buy the game, since they need a game every month.

You cant buy a game, when you dont have the hardware 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ryuzaki57 said:

DarkRPGamer007 said:

Mario Kart 8 now highest selling SKU 2014!

Even beating inFamous and Titanfall SKU which came out quite a significant time before it

Fixed!

WatchDogs 5.3m

TitanFall 2.8m (might outsell that one eventually though)

CoD Ghosts 3.6m

Mk8 will pass Titanfall before this year ends

edit just because

Click HERE and be happy 

and yet, minecraft is still the highest seller in 2014 :P

Seems like Watch Dogs is the highest selling games of 2014 to me.

Watch Dogs is the highest seller of 2014 overall. MK8 is the highest seller so far per platform.

I suppose both these honours will go to Destiny by the end of the year, which is a shame.