By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Ubisoft and Take-Two were too announce EA Access equivalents

Yes please.

Around the Network
Fifaguy360 said:

They didn't, but let's say they did. Priced the same as EA. $30 per year. And let's say you subbed to all 3. $90 a year or 7.50 per month (less than netflix).

Let's say each company adds 3 games a year to their vaults. that's 9 games in total in the first year which come out to $540 at full price. By the 2nd year you will have 18 games.

Then you get your perks

- 6 hours of early access which saves your progress should you choose to purchase the full game. You can continue where you left off.

- 10% off on new titles/dlc etc

I think the value here is incredible.

lol the $ logic.

By the time the games make it to the service they will be near worthless thus why they are there.   Aka playing and an old fifa when the new one is in stores.  

So your "540" is hilarious.  

I like the idea of a video game subscription model, since thats where digital media is heading (Netflix = movies, Spotify = music, etc), but I don't think it will work for individual vendors.

Imagine if Netflix didn't exist, and instead Paramount Pictures had their own service with only their movies. And Warner Brothers had their own service that only had their movies. And Universal had their own service that only had their own movies.  And you need to subscribe to each of them individually, with their own costs, and their own websites, and their own apps.

I don't see how that would work. Instead, we get a single service that has all of these (Netflix). Its going to have to be Sony/Nintendo/MS/Valve that does this, not the individual publishers.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Not great value at all, you are splitting up something that is already done well and in place and the publishers will lap it up if you let them. All these potential services undermine Live and PS+ 'free' games and you'll end up paying more for a divided industry while owning nothing.

Hmm, pie.

Would be the beginning of the end.

I do not condone these services at all, if more started to gravitate to this it would be the downfall of the Gaming Industry. We already have PS+ and Xbox Gold to give us Discounts, free swag, Demos, features, and early betas. We do not need companies adding yet another charge to our gaming habit. We are dealing with the industry trying to milk us every which way they can. We pay $60 for a game(used to be $50), and then only get half the game as the rest is reserved for paid DLC, and being nickel and dime'd with money transactions They don't need nor deserve another dime from us, especially not a monthly/yearly charge.

Seriously guys and gals, DO NOT SUPPORT THIS!!!!! If EA proves successful with this model then we will have Activision, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Take Two, and Capcom all trying to get in on it. Then you have a plethora of charges and if you don't subscribe then you are basically going to be left in the cold. If we resist than it will die the death it deserves.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)