By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think really happened in Ferguson?

MegaManX said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
MegaManX said:

Firstly, no he did rob the store, it was a $50 box of cigars, but that value of the item does not matter.  The video confirms it was him, he clearly is not joking around with the owner by pushing him back and he is clearly intimidating him before walking out of the store.  I don't know why you are bothering to dispute a video of the incident, we know it happened so let's move on.  The cop not knowing about the incident doesn't matter because the friend admitted they were illegally walking down the street, so the cop had cause to address MB.  

And like you say, he assaulted the cop, probably grabbed the gun, injured the officers eye socket so we know he was assaulted by MB.  Even if he ran, the cop has to give chase, you do realize that right?  He has just committed several felonies at that point so the cop has even more cause to arrest MB, and as you say if MB confronted the officer than he was resisting arrest.  You are making the case for me here.  He assaulted the cop, ran, cop gave chase, we don't know exactly what happened but as you say if he rushed the cop, what do you think is going to happened, if MB grabs the gun what do you think will happen to the cop?  So like you say he fires to subdue him, the first 4 shots hit him in the right arm.  Then like I say, how does a big guy with adrenaline flowing react to 4 shots in a few seconds, does that instantly subdue him or does he not feel the bullets and keeps charging or does feel it and slumps over into another bullet that wasn't aimed for his head?

And really come on, you think he should have let the suspect go and got back in his car, and done what?  Wait for a cop, he pursued the suspect like every other cop every other time who is physically able to does, you say he should have tazed him, do you know if that is standard gear for cops in Ferguson, do you know how they work and how much time he had when they caught up to each other to use it if he had it and keep himself alive.  You would think the sight of the gun and the cop telling you to freeze and get down would be smart enough to listen, but I guess for you, a cop has to always use non lethal means even if the circumstances may not give the cop enough time to react?

Again like I said maybe he did rob the store(well did) BUT that had NOTHING do do with the shooting at all none the less. And I never said he did not have reason to address Brown because they were indeed illegally walking down the street. Also the cop being injured I still have my questions about because he left the scene of the crime before hand and that info somehow was not giving until almost a week later but all that was said is that there was an "altercation" in the cops car and the part about Brown rushing him was already released. So if the story really went as the cop said why did he leave the scence before hand? Why not wait for backup and the paramedics to arrive and get checked right then and there?   So again the question remains how did the altercation begin? How did Brown end up  inside the police car through a window to where he was "supposedly" reaching for the cops gun in the first place? And yes when shots are fired the cop is supposed to call in for back up IMMEDIATELY. The cop KNEW he shot Brown so he knew that Brown was already injured. And yes in Ferguson the police have tazers and pepper spray standard I live in the area. The "pursuit" didn't even leave the street they were on not even a block or two.

Whenever shots are fired a cop is supposed to ALWAYS call for back up. Yet this officer did not and he was not shot at he was the one that did the shooting. And yes if the office feared for his life the way he said then he would not have began pursuit in the first place he would again called for back up or called for back up THEN began pursuit.. And yeah for me agetting down and  freezing would be natural and smart. And Brown was indeed facing the officer when shot but that does not mean he was rushing him. If the officer had time to pursue a wounded suspect, time to tell him to freeze and all fo that then yes he had time to do something outside of shooting him.

But this is all just speculation on both our parts. I do not want you to think I am just defending on side because the cop could very well be telling the truth about what happened or maybe some facts are incoorect on both sides. But what remains for me is that the actions of the cop led to the loss of a life and the cop could have done thing sdifferently. Can't chng ewhat has alredy happened but it seems things were done the incorrect way in this matter and the loss of a life is never a good thing.

I understand, I think to many people assume an unarmed man, even a 6'4 300 pound unarmed man, poses a laughable threat to a cop.  MB was a big guy, if the officer was within an arms reach of him, than literally anything can happen, a gun can be wrestled, a choke hold could be put on the cop, we know MB friend lied about what happened but he could have been a threat to the cop as well, you only have an advantage with a gun when a threat is several arm lenghts away.  

And like you said, we don't know what happened at the critical point, but we do know that MB had done things leading up to this and we probably will never know exactly what happened and who was at fault.  Therefore the riots and all that BS it totally unwarranted as all the facts haven't come out yet, we haven't even heard the officers side of the story, and the rioting only hurts the people of Ferguson, many businesses will leave, taxes will go up to pay for all the manpower and the town will have reputation for a long time.  

But a few on here think that cops should only unholster their gun when they are getting shot at.  And that's stupid, just the sight of a gun drawn on your should seperate the smart from the foolish, and we can't say whether MB was rushing the cop or not, but the evidence contradicts the friend so I feel like if it were unjustified that friend and the evidence so far would support that the cop acted unethically.

The Ferguson police chief said that the reason the officer stopped MB had nothing to do with the store robbery and that at the time the cop that stop MB was unaware that MB was a suspect in any crime at the time of the shooting. the police chief said that he stopped MB and his friend because they were walking in the middle of the street.cops kill people all the time their the biggest gang in the word and their gang color is blue. sorry crips

Around the Network

Its amazing that no one cares about the shop keeper;

1. He was intimidated and robbed; probably not for the first time.
2. He was brave enough to confront the goon and assaulted as a result.
3. He then contacted the police like a responsible citizen instead of chasing the goon with a shotgun.

Result: His shop gets burned down by "peaceful protesters", so hes lost the business for which he worked so hard after being robbed and assaulted

My questions are these:

1. Why does the govt not protect this honest tax payer?
2. Why does the public feel no sympathy for him?
3. Why would anyone open a business there? (It seems there was wanton looting all over the place)

And why does everything in America become about race all the time, to me its just criminal activity, how does it matter what colour the robber and the cop are...

siddhartha87 said:

3. He then contacted the police like a responsible citizen instead of chasing the goon with a shotgun.

Result: His shop gets burned down by "peaceful protesters", so hes lost the business for which he worked so hard after being robbed and assaulted

My questions are these:

3. Why would anyone open a business there? (It seems there was wanton looting all over the place)

And why does everything in America become about race all the time, to me its just criminal activity, how does it matter what colour the robber and the cop are...

Actually the shop owner didn't call in a robbery at all.....his lawyer already stated that.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
siddhartha87 said:

My questions are these:

Actually the shop owner didn't call in a robbery at all.....his lawyer already stated that.

Oh my bad :(   

Still the rest of my point stands. I was reading case law on US police shootings and it seems that the prosecution would have to prove that there was no danger from the policemans perspective in order to prove the shooting was foul, that would be crazy hard.

One observation from an indian perspective is that US policemen seem to exceptionally well armed. Apperently the gear is from the US-Afghan war. Indian state police and even Central Reserve Police Force which fights hardcore seperatist and left wing insurgencies dont use gear like that.

But on the other hand arson is a red line in India and riot police would've opened fire with live ammo, Missouri policemen have shown a lot restraint.

BeElite said:
cannonballZ said:
No matter what Brown may have done, the cop was wrong shooting him 6 times.

Why couldn't he just wound Brown?

Brown was unarmed, no need for 6 shots if you were trained to shoot. The cop should be tried for homicide.

Cops are not trained to shoot to wound.  And they are trained to waste their clip if threatened to enusre their safty.  

Thsi is not hollywood, where the nice cop shoots a dude in the arm and all is well.  

Tasers and pepper spray exist for a reason. 

Around the Network

The cop thought "George Zimmerman" can get away with it, so can I.

spurgeonryan said:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/timeline-michael-brown-shooting-ferguson-061025136.html

Why would this Officer do this? What is going to solve the problem there?

wow, talk about a complete lack a journalistic integrity.  That story is and will always will be complete BS I can't believe Yahoo would post that, how did they put that together and not say "wait a minute...none of this makes sense?"  Nice to see they gave almost no effort to the more likely real story...so I'll give it here.  Officer wilson drove by and saw two kids walking in the middle of the street (12 eye witnesses say the teens were obstructing up to three cars)  the office made the horrible mistake of pulling up along side Michael Brown and asking him to get over to the sidewalk.  Being a teen who shows little respect to anyone Michael Brown probably lips off a few choice words.  At this Officer Wilson makes another mistake of trying to get out of his vehichle way to close to Michael brown who slams the door back at the office pushing towards the passenger side of the vehichle.  Brown lunges into the vehichle hitting officer wilson with his right hand and breaking his orbital socket.  They both reach for the officers gun which eventually dishcharges (either hitting Michael Brown or scaring the crap out of him).  Michael turns to run but is told to stop ( no shots are fired while Michael's back is turned accoring to the autopsy and twelve eye witnesses)  Michael turns and says something to the officer and begins to charge (confirmed by the autopsy) officer wilson fires six times with bullets hitting his right arm and head as Brown rushes him.

Side note, had this officer not made the fatal mistake of getting to close to his suspect from the very beginning chances are this stop would have resulted in Michael brown in handcuffs for robbery and failure to comply with an officer's commands with the help of much needed back up.  it is a shame that an officer failed to do his job correctly and it is a greater shame that Michael Brown chose to attack an officer resluting in the loss of his life, there is no winner here except for the liberal elite who love a good race baiting narative.

cannonballZ said:

Brown was unarmed, no need for 6 shots if you were trained to shoot. The cop should be tried for homicide.

It's this kind of attitude that makes my blood boil. I am assuming you have never been in a situation like the one the police officer was in have you? He had just been beaten in the face so  brutally that his orbital bone was fractured. He pointed his pistol at the young man and ordered him to freeze. Instead of freezing and putting his hands up like most sane people would do when a gun is pointed directly at them, this fine young gentleman decided to rush towards the officer and was SHOT as ANYONE would have been BLACK OR WHITE. I am sure after being assaulted and having a rather large angry person rushing toward you with intent to do great bodily harm as he had previously demonstrated he was capable of doing, the officer thought to himself "gee, I am going ot try to aim in a spot that would only wound him." Right? ...Right? Makes total sense...

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....

Whatever set the spark off, the Ferguson Police Department still has a LOT to answer for for their appalling treatment of protestors and the press

The entire department should be handed their walking papers from the top down, because they'll never have the community's trust ever again otherwise.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

bobfulci said:
cannonballZ said:

It's this kind of attitude that makes my blood boil. I am assuming you have never been in a situation like the one the police officer was in have you? He had just been beaten in the face so  brutally that his orbital bone was fractured. He pointed his pistol at the young man and ordered him to freeze. Instead of freezing and putting his hands up like most sane people would do when a gun is pointed directly at them, this fine young gentleman decided to rush towards the officer and was SHOT as ANYONE would have been BLACK OR WHITE. I am sure after being assaulted and having a rather large angry person rushing toward you with intent to do great bodily harm as he had previously demonstrated he was capable of doing, the officer thought to himself "gee, I am going ot try to aim in a spot that would only wound him." Right? ...Right? Makes total sense...

Only problem is those are not the facts those are assumptions there are a LOT of holes on both sides of the story. One fact remains is that this office DID NOT handle the situation correctly and it resulted in a loss of life. As for the office being "beaten" that is also speculation because HE LEFT THE SCENE of the shooting BEFORE an ambulance or anything could get there. Then a freaking WEEK afterwards he has all these injuries? And even if he did get "beaten" that still DOES NOT warrant him shooting someone 7 times. That is what his tazer or pepper spray was for to subdue the suspect. Was MB an angel? No probably not....did he deserve to die in this manner DEFINITELY not. 

So don't say this makes your blood boil MOST of us have been in "fights" and have even got beat but didn't feel it was to the point that we needed to unload a gun to defend ourselves....there is NO EXCUSE for this....none. And I have to ask do you REALLY beleive that after MB was already shot and wouned. That he was running turned BACK around to a cop with a loaded gun( that he has just got shot with mind you)pointed at him and charged at him? That makes ZERO sense....this whole situation is messed up and not a lot of sense is being made with this case at all. The facts on both sides are all speculation....nothing concrete other than MB getting gunned down.....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23