By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think really happened in Ferguson?

Wow I see a not people are making some crazy accusations. "shit cops" and "shit people" without knowing ANYTHING really about either of them very nice words smh. A large youth with a "criminal" mentality just coming off a "supposed" robbery that the store manager didn't happen to call in and footage even shows the large youth "could have" been actually paying for the "$3" worth of what he stole.....and wait for it........that had NOTHING to do with the shooting what so ever seeing as the cop knew NOTHING about it. So why is it even being brought up? They say weed was found in the system of the boy and I am sure PLENTY of people have smoked weed before(even though I haven't lol) but I have never heard of someone that smoked weed going nuts and rushing a police officer.

Police officers are supposed to "serve and protect" but are trained to kill when shooting which is correct. BUT they have to know how to aim as well so wounding the subject was well within reason. And if the cop feared for his life he could have easily gotten back into the squad car and called for back up instead of going Rambo and shooting an unarmed suspect 7 times. The cop didn't call for back up until after the shooting was already done. Even left the scene of the crime before hand. Heck if Brown was not under arrest how did he end up in the cop car in a struggle anyway? And if Brown was shot during that struggle in the car and took off running why did the cop not immediately call for backup but instead got OUT of the car and shot the suspect some more.

I am not saying Brown was an angel or anything but there were to many things done wrong with this shooting and the cop should be being held for trial not somewhere sitting free with no charges. Even as a black male I do not see this as a race issue I see it as an issue of law enforcement that was taken WAY to far. And the looting sickens me because I live in the area and it is nothing but a bunch of ignorant clowns using this as an excuse to steal. I can't stand that at all!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

The thug was hyped from the robbing he just did so to keep a low profile he decided to walk in the middle of the street ( I know thugs aren't very smart). The popo came to tell him and his homie to get on the sidewalk, the thug goes batshit crazy thinking he is there to arrest him for the robbing he just did, the cop grabs him, in the struggle he thinks the thug is trying to reach for his gun so a shot is fired, the thug is hurt but he is still able to run so he did that. The cop is high on adrenaline while in pursue, the thug surrender but it was to late because adrenaline make you do stupid shit sometimes. So far with the informations I have seen I think the cop will be found guilty of manslaughter but further evidences might change all that.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

The cop's story is that he fired as he was being "bum rushed" by the kid, but I don't buy that story.

No one who's unarmed is going to charge at someone with a drawn hand gun, especially if its true that the cop fired at the kid while his back was turned.

I think more likely the cop may have gotten flustered over being disrespected and lost his cool.

chapset said:
The thug was hyped from the robbing he just did so to keep a low profile he decided to walk in the middle of the street ( I know thugs aren't very smart). The popo came to tell him and his homie to get on the sidewalk, the thug goes batshit crazy thinking he is there to arrest him for the robbing he just did, the cop grabs him, in the struggle he thinks the thug is trying to reach for his gun so a shot is fired, the thug is hurt but he is still able to run so he did that. The cop is high on adrenaline while in pursue, the thug surrender but it was to late because adrenaline make you do stupid shit sometimes. So far with the informations I have seen I think the cop will be found guilty of manslaughter but further evidences might change all that.

.....not sure if serious or not.....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

cannonballZ said:
WrathofTank said:

Did the officer know he was unarmed?  Wasn't the officer assaulted by Brown? I don't know the full story yet, however I do know when you feel like your life is at stake you don't take non lethal shots.

The officer obviously saw brown was unarmed. He may have feared an ass whippin', but I doubt he feared for his life. 

If the officer feared for his life then maybe he isn't suited for that type of work.

Why 6 shots? Why aim for the head?

If that's regular protocol for the officers then things need to be changed. 

What really pisses me off is all these idiots rioting like it's going to make a difference. Yeah, let's rob some stores and beat people up that had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Micheal Brown was walking down the middle of the street when the confrontation started, he had just robbed a store and was not being discreet.  It's probably, but we don't know fully since even the friend has been discredited, that MB may not have taken lightly to being confronted by a cop even if it's a simple command since you can't walk down a street like that.  You say the cop feared an ass whippin like it should just be part of the job, a cop has responsibilities, they don't want to deal with hostile people, and if he assaulted the cop or tried to grab his gun then he has commited multiple felonies and is now a very real threat especially with a guy his size.  Cops have to deal with a lot of shit people, you won't last long as a cop if you think you can take out every person with just your fists, I think you don't understand what cops have to deal with or how quickly you can find yourself in a life or death circumstance.  You may not like cops, but the friend even admitted they were walking down the middle of the street and he just robbed a store!  So clearly he was not being harassed because he was black, the guy clearly thought highly of himself and knew his size would intimidate people.  I think he got aggressive with the cop and the cop had to do it, we all know how to behave around cops, if you have to take some shit especially as in this case where it was warranted then so be it, anybody that assaults a cop is asking for it.  

In regards to the 6 shots, I guess you have never been in a life threatening circumstance, nor have I, but I can imagine if a big guy is coming at you and already tried to grab your gun, that you might fire off several shots.  You also don't realize that he wasn't a still target, most shots hit him in the arm, he's a big guy, the adreneline is flowing, you may not feel it right away, in a literal matter of seconds a lot happens and the reactions aren't instant.  Or he did and as the cop fired off, he reacted to it and fell into the other shots, you make it sound like he was 20 feet away and unmoving throughout the whole process.  If he was charging the cop, clearly he moving, perhaps bent over and who knows how he will react, you can aim for one part of the body and even if you have great accuracy, you can't take into account whether a wound will make them fall or lean into a shot making a nonlethal one lethal.

Around the Network

So he deserves to die because of that? 6 shots with 2 to the head then left there for hours without calling a ambulance!? Hmmm

No, just just see the smart guys fuck the entire country by manipulating Wall St. And way to be a stereotyping douche. Want me to stereotype too? All white people are racist bastards!

Human ego mixed with deadly weapons.

On one side a cop, stressful, dangerous, low paying job in a place where most people hate you.
On the other side, teenagers brought up to distrust and disrespect law enforcement.

Cop sees kids jaywalking, tells them off. Kids go, wtf you kidding me, I'll walk the f where I want to. Cop has had enough of the attitude, won't let it slip. Kids won't move, you think you're tough get the f out of my street. Struggle ensues, somehow gun gets involved, maybe the cop tries to grab it to get the kid to back off, maybe the kid grabs for it, it goes off. Adrenaline and rage take over.

Doesn't excuse the cop. He should have had better training to control his emotions and not follow through with a kill.

Stupid American laws as usual. None of that racism bullshit. It wouldn't be different if it was an albino or whatever.

Murica is basically the only so-called "democratic" country where a cop can shoot the top of your head off if you don't keep your hands to the steering wheel or something idiotic like that.

Mr Brown resisted arrest and also assaulted the cop breaking his orbital bone around his eye. Mr Brown then went charging at the cop again. That is one story
it's easy just to believe the cop is in the wrong in this case. But more info is needed not another circus where media will take sides and manufacture news to go with their news template.