By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is going XBox Exclusive franchise suicide at this point?

No it really isn't.

Around the Network

No it isn't which is why Microsoft needs to keep paying them or they will not even consider an X1 port soon enough.

We'll find out, but MS helps pay for development and marketing so that probably helps offset any potential loss by going exclusive.

Not really, (for example, Tomb Raider was already on a decline), however, the price for Micro to continue doing this will scale accordingly with the ever increasing gap though.

Thanks jlmurph!

AZWification said:

Using the word "suicide" here is a bit too much, don't ya think?

if you have any knowledge of the OP's history you would know she is taking it easy on the poor XB1. 

IMO we need a toastboy thread to counter this one. 

Around the Network

I guess this is in response to the Tomb Raider deal.

A lot of people have drawn comparisons between Tomb Raider and Uncharted. Yet despite Tomb Raider being available across two platforms Uncharted pretty much outsold it by 50%.

Tomb Raider was an expensive game to create and despite selling relatively well barely broke even. As part of the exclusivity deal Phil Spencer confirmed they are contributing to the development costs as well as giving the game a huge marketing push.

After the quality of the first title and potentially having a larger development budget I expect the sequel will be a critical success. If Microsoft can drum up even half of the Titanfall pre-release marketing hype then it will set up the game really well.

As for people not being interested in a game months down the line, do you think Xbox owners would buy The Last of Us if it became available for them now?

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

it's interesting how when MS makes exclusivity deals, people have an issue with it and call it money hatting... yet someone mentioned that Capcom published an exclusive Resident Evil on GC and I don't recall gamers having any issues nor calling Ninentendo moneyhatting. I am sure before PS4 launch, there were some exclusive titles for Sony as well and no one had an issue there either.

superryo said:
it's interesting how when MS makes exclusivity deals, people have an issue with it and call it money hatting... yet someone mentioned that Capcom published an exclusive Resident Evil on GC and I don't recall gamers having any issues nor calling Ninentendo moneyhatting. I am sure before PS4 launch, there were some exclusive titles for Sony as well and no one had an issue there either.

It depends on the fan base. Certain games won't have a care. It will be accepted or "meh" response. RE 1 also has a less of a impact because it was a remake. All remakes get lower fanbase care from the start. And the internet was different then. You get noticed when you're a Tomb Raider type of deal. DLC is common money hat. GTA IV expansions were locked to X360. That was complained about. But in the end, it's DLC. Who falls for the "exclusive" talk when we've all seen it with DLC preorder store bonuses. They get released everywhere. But the main game is avalible. Another outrage would be if GTA VI is money hat by Sony. That would get the outrage Tomb Raider got. Bayonetta 2 is special. You have to accept it. Or the game doesn't exsist.

Cant answer that without knowing how much MS pay for it.
But if publishers are happy with it, it must be quiet a lot.

bananaking21 said:
AZWification said:

Using the word "suicide" here is a bit too much, don't ya think?

if you have any knowledge of the OP's history you would know she is taking it easy on the poor XB1. 

IMO we need a toastboy thread to counter this one. 

To be bhonest, I only know the OP due to her avatar!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---