By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 500GB Hard Drive Disk is enough?

JOKA_ said:
500 GB definitely won't be enough, but you can always upgrade the HDD, no need to wait for Sony to release a newer/larger SKU

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

On the one hand I really like the idea, on the other hand if you only play on consoles, what to do with an HDD left over?

Around the Network
Scisca said:
jonathanalis said:
thanks.
I didnt know we could change PS4 HDD.

So, I can surelly get a 500GB PS4, and when it HDD start to get full, I change it!
Is no more the big issue I thought i would be.

I believe you can't change the internal drive in Xbone - is that correct?

You can but than warranty is void. MS wants you to use external HDDs if you want to expand your physical memory.

i have a 3TB in mine.
Had to modify the cage with a dremel to make it fit, but it works.

walsufnir said:

You can but than warranty is void. MS wants you to use external HDDs if you want to expand your physical memory.

it's also a pain in the ass and requires a PC, some usb flash drives and manually cloning the data from the original drive to the new drive before installing it.

You can't just plug in a new one and turn on the console like you can with the PS4.

Tachikoma said:
walsufnir said:

it's also a pain in the ass and requires a PC, some usb flash drives and manually cloning the data from the original drive to the new drive before installing it.

You can't just plug in a new one and turn on the console like you can with the PS4.

With the internal, exactly. Externals work like we are used to with TVs, computers and so on. Btw, I wouldn't it call it a pita

Around the Network

At the end of this generation 10 TB will probably not be enough..

At some point in the future there will be a PS4 model with a bigger standard harddrive. I mean look at what the ps3 start with and where ended, from 20-60 gb to between 160 to 500gb.

If u really wanna be future proof then buy a 1.5tb HDD and even a 2TB is not out of the question of course if they are available, im already running out of space and i wish Sony let us backup our games on an external HDD just like PS3, cant think of downloading 350GB of data again :(

Add me if u want :)

walsufnir said:
JOKA_ said:
500 GB definitely won't be enough, but you can always upgrade the HDD, no need to wait for Sony to release a newer/larger SKU

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

On the one hand I really like the idea, on the other hand if you only play on consoles, what to do with an HDD left over?

I guess in theory you could put some games on one HDD and some games on the other and then switch (that sounds like a huge pain in the ass though).  I would probably just let it collect dust.

I wish Sony would allow external HDD like MS.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
walsufnir said:
JOKA_ said:

I guess in theory you could put some games on one HDD and some games on the other and then switch (that sounds like a huge pain in the ass though).  I would probably just let it collect dust.

I wish Sony would allow external HDD like MS.

I just gave the one I took out to a friend who had a 12GB PS3.