By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii platinum sellers watch

In sales it means half a million.

Around the Network

Big week for Wii in software so obviously lots of new additions. New platinum titles include:

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Rock Band

Even more so look at all the new gold titles:

Rayman: Raving Rabbids TV Party
De Blob
Wall-E
Lego Batman
Madden 09
Boogie
Namco Museum Remix
Zack and Wiki
Spiderman 3
Spongebob's Atlantis Squarepantis
Petz Dogs 2

Quite a lot of movement there. Next week I expect these titles to go platinum:

Lego Indiana Jones
We Ski
The Simpsons Game

Naruto and Ben 10 have an outside chance but more than likely will make it the following week. Then for the rest of the year we'll see Star Wars and Big Beach Sports go over with House of Dead 2 and 3 and DDR with outside shots.

Raving Rabbids is pulling some insane numbers. I thought it was going to do worse than its predecessors. I guess they're here to stay.

It's probably too much to ask Ubi to finally get around to making a REAL Rayman game...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Well I'm not surprised its doing well. I mean there is a large userbase with a well established brand that is tied to the console. Not to mention they introduced a totally new gaming aspect with the balance board which is a success as well. Most balance board games are doing quite well... aside from Skate It.

lego indiana jones was so close to a million

Around the Network

Yea I almost had it called too but it missed it by about 6,000 in sales haha.

DDR Hottest Party might reach a million with NA sales alone soon. Where are the Others sales?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

I'm going to start writing up this months article in a few days, can't believe how many are on the verge of going platinum!

spdk1 said:
I'm going to start writing up this months article in a few days, can't believe how many are on the verge of going platinum!

Oh yea there's a lot. By the end of the year:

• SW: TFU
  • We Ski
  • Simpsons Game
  • Ben 10: Protector of the Earth
  • Lego Indiana Jones
  • Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution
  • Big Beach Sports should all be platinum.

There's a few others that still have a shot but we'll go with the certains which is 41 million sellers. Then in 2009:

• Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
  • De Blob
  • House of Dead 2 and 3 Return
  • DDR: Hottest Party
  • Madden 08
  • Tiger Woods 08
  • Tiger Woods 09
  • Madden 09
  • Endless Ocean
  • Sega Superstars Tennis
  • Hannah Montana: Spotlight Tour
  • Boom Blox
  • Mario Super Sluggers
  • Lego Batman
  • Shaun White
  • Guinness World Records
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • MySims Kingdom
  • High School Musical 3

are all left in good position to go platinum and all should go platinum some time in the first half of 2009. Meaning at least by the end of June 2009, Wii should have 60 million sellers. Then of course there's a few others that are already platinum with others sales such as Super Monkey Ball. Then this isn't even counting the ones releasing in the first half of 09. Wii is going to have a pretty steady supply of million sellers.

wow