By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii platinum sellers watch

....that's a lot of third party million sellers.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

The question is when, Soriku, not if.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
....that's a lot of third party million sellers.

Yes getting games to platinum doesn't seem to be much of an issue with the Wii compared to that of the GC for most developers.  Out of all those games I listed only 4 are Ninty titles.  So it definitely shows how even when most of Ninty's titles go platinum that it hasn't really stopped 3rd party titles from going gold and platinum

Soriku said:
So does anyone expect the Wii to pass 360 million sellers?

Well it's a tough call.  By the end of this year Wii will have 41 million sellers.  I'm not going to get into the whole if it had others data because just easier to keep both 360 and Wii on even levels.  360 will likely gain these million sellers by the end of the year:

Saint's Row 2, Lego Star Wars II, Soul Calibur IV, Kung Fu Panda, Sega Superstars Tennis, Rock Band 2, Left 4 Dead and GH: WT.  Anyways that would put it at 61 million sellers.  And 360 is going to have a large number of games like Wii that will be in good position to go platinum as well throughout 09 so its kinda a dead split right now.  I think really its going to come down to who has more and who's new titles in 09 go platinum.  Otherwise 360 and Wii could average the same number of plat titles for the rest of their lifetime until one of them starts to fade away.  One advantage Ninty with Wii will have is their own titles.  Considering almost all of their titles will usually go plat and they are releasing the remakes of GC games, this puts them in a good spot to really rack up a few more.  Kinda level out the playing field for all the titles MS has bundled I suppose haha.

Personally though I don't think Wii will catch up in million sellers unless all these titles continue to leg it out and increase greatly during the holiday season.  Then you could see so many going platinum that we'd have another PS2.

GH: WT and Wii Music are now platinum which puts the total up to 32.

Tiger Woods 09 and surprisingly Call of Duty 3 are now gold. COD3 got some huge American updates that puts it at 580,000. Now I'm really curious about those others sales because if they are around 300k, which I think they are, then we got a title that is close to platinum.

Around the Network

Next week we can add Rock Band and Animal Crossing to the list.

Yes of course. And if Lego Indiana Jones gets a good enough boost, possibly it as well. But more than likely the week after for it.

I know it's a bit off, but Ben 10: Protector of Earth and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed should hit the milestone in 5-7 weeks.

Wow nice thread :)

I can help with this I love this idea.

Next week a lot of games will be gold.

I thought gold meant it was ready for manufacturing.