By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is the most innovative 8th gen console by a mile. haters be damned!

o_O.Q said:
Podings said:
Yeah, I'd argue now of these innovation influence how I interact with the game. Only how I perceive it, receive it, or share it.

So I don't really care about them.

perception, interaction, reception and sharing of experiences are all interconnected though...

actually perception is at the head so i supposed that i should have said instead that ultimately perception determines how you interact with something, how you receive experiences and also your willingness to share something and in what way

ot for me at least the ability to record gameplay has to be the best innovation i've seen in consoles for a while but thats me, there has been so many times when i've done something badass in single but most of the time multiplayer when i thought damn wish i could save this and gloat over it later

Sure, I understand that there is a market for these technologies, and I didn't really mean to tell others that they shouldn't care either.

I personally don't watch recording of other people playing video games, and I didn't much care for VR the couple times I tried it, but if they make people enjoy games more, they're welcome.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

the PS4 is doing a lot of things the compitition is not. while the compitition offered gimmicks and fads in the shape of a screen on a controller and kinect and tried their best to claim innovation, pretty much in the same manner like bobby kotic calls innovation with call of duty.

While you can call those thing the PS4 does innovative, they are just innovations regarding the experience around a game, like sharing videos etc. But it has no innovation at all regarding gameplay.

So i would state it the other way around, PS4 has the highest number of innovative gimmicks, while XB1 and especially WiiU have real innovation regarding gameplay possibilities (Even though they haven't been used to full potential yet, especially XB1 which already dropped Kinect as mandatory feature).