By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioware sexual preferences patches and packs: a sugestion.

Tagged games:

So... Good idea?

Yes, that would work! 7 38.89%

No man, much worst... 11 61.11%

Total:18
Conegamer said:
Wouldn't charging extra for different options be even worse?

Similarly I don't see why it's a big deal in gaming anyway

Well, I think it is fair to charge since some of these packages require a lot of work from Bioware, like creating the Gay pride parade events and 5 NPC Date-game mini quest...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Conegamer said:
Wouldn't charging extra for different options be even worse?

Similarly I don't see why it's a big deal in gaming anyway

Well, I think it is fair to charge since some of these packages require a lot of work from Bioware, like creating the Gay pride parade events and 5 NPC Date-game mini quest...

Then don't create these quests, or make them integral to the game. Being able to turn it on or off is a bigger issue IMO; people should just be accepting of all options and having it in but being able to remove it would cause a stink as well.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or not, but you get the idea.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Just wanted to say that now that I know that it's a joke thread, I find it absolutely brilliant. You really can't please all gamers no matter what. Great thread!

I think DAI is a step back. In DA2 ALL of the characters were homosexual.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Just dont make those situations required for trophies. Then you can watch/do them or not just because you want to, not because you are forced too (make this for all romantic relationships)

Around the Network

I know this is kind of a joke, but it obviously would be a bad idea. If Bioware wanted to be more appeasing to some of the more homophobic people, they could just include an option in the character creation where people identify their orientation (straight, bi, gay) and then the game would know and would stop the wrong gender of character from trying to be romantic with you.  That way people wouldnt be grossed out if the wrong gender came on them because that option wouldnt actually exist in your playthrough.

That being said, it is a video game. These arent real people coming onto you. It is an m rated game, so people should be mature enough to play it. If you cant handle the wrong gender flirting with you in a video game, you probably arent mature enough.

Personally, as long as the game doesnt make me be completely mean to males in my party to get them to stop flirting with me, I have no problem with it. Dragon Age 2 was kind of bad like that, but I certainly had no problems with mass effect 3. I imagine the game will be like mass effect 3 and people are just over reacting right now...

Ssenkahdavic said:
Just dont make those situations required for trophies. Then you can watch/do them or not just because you want to, not because you are forced too (make this for all romantic relationships)

Nobody is forced to get trophies. Changing trophies because someone is offended by the act of obtaining them shouldn't be.

If that was working there would be no multiplayer trophies anymore. Because I'm offended to interact with people I don't like just to get that platinum.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WagnerPaiva said:
Areym said:
I'm gonna come back to this, but really dude? Over trophies? That's controversy?

Let me tell something even more pathetic: in all my life I have reached 100% trophies in only three games, two on PS3 and one on Xbox 360. How ridiculous my complain sound now?

I saw the disclaimer at the bottom but I don't understand this reply at all.

Following with the joke, it would be the same as having to complete a campaign as Evil Cole/Delsin. I don't like playing as evil but I would do it for a trophy. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

vivster said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Nobody is forced to get trophies. Changing trophies because someone is offended by the act of obtaining them shouldn't be.

If that was working there would be no multiplayer trophies anymore. Because I'm offended to interact with people I don't like just to get that platinum.

Not even close to the same, tho I do agree with stupid multiplayer trophies for single player games.

Being controversial for controversial sake is just stupid. 

Ssenkahdavic said:

Not even close to the same, tho I do agree with stupid multiplayer trophies for single player games.

Being controversial for controversial sake is just stupid. 

But they're not controversial. They've been doing the gay stuff since forever.