By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PREDICTION: PS4 will outsell XBOX ONE+Wii U by end of year!

BeElite said:
Aielyn said:
BeElite said:
Hard to take anyone serious that questions sonys own numbers while choses to believe cleary wrong ones.

Lets just bump this soon enough, should be plenty fun.

So, no response to any of the actual arguments? Attacking me rather than my arguments? You'd make a good politician.

What they point of arguing anything with you ? when you argue agianst reality to suit your false hopes and deny facts to use false info to support your flaved views.

Once they adjust ill bump this, once ps4 out sales em ill bump again.  Simply.

In comes ioi with a comment that I feel justifies my skepticism of Sony's numbers.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6598658

Basically, VGChartz numbers for almost all regions that PS4 has been released in line up well with the local market-tracking companies' numbers for those regions. Based on those numbers, PS4 is at about 9 million. Based on sales patterns from PS2 and PS3, those extra regions make up about 400k, bringing the total to 9.4 million. If other tracking companies' numbers are trustworthy (and people seem more than happy to attack VGChartz but tend to trust those companies), then either Sony are stretching the truth, one of the local trackers is way off the mark (and still agree with VGChartz numbers), or there's been an unusual amount of sales in greater Asia (not Japan), the Middle East, or Africa that wasn't happening before April (note that no new region has received it since Japan in February).

Personally, I think this actually strengthens my stance (which, in case you missed it, was skepticism, not denial of Sony's numbers). But even if it didn't, I'm going to again point out that logic, which you have refused to argue against, still supports my position on Sony's chances.

Around the Network

I predict end of year:

10.6M Wii U
17.1 PS4
8M X1.

So nope.

at the end of the year ps4 can sell between 12-14 million worldwide.

now they sold 10 million and i think white ps4 with destiny in september can sell during that month about 1 million.